Who dislikes Sylvia UG Poll

no me gusta

i dislike his apparent show of disrespect to andrei arlovski but i dont dislike him as a person becouse i dont know him personaly i realise things you see on tv are edited and quite often taken out of context its easy to dislike someone when that happenes im as guilty as anyone for doing it i just have a level head on at the moment.

gimme 5 mnts to roll this joint tho :P

Mike O'borne...I would be glad to have Tim Sylvia as a neighbor, but he is not.  We would have some neighborhood watch.

I don't see why people hate on the guy.  He knocked out Ricco Rodriguez and now defeated Arlovski, who so many thought was unbeatable.  The fact the he came back from a big loss and also a big punch in that fight should also be respected.  How many people here thought Sylvia was done when Arlovski knocked him down?  Did anyone think, all right, Tim's going to knock him out now? 

Sarcasm on:  "He's also a quick tapper and a pussy as he showed against Frank Mir.  Sarcasm off.   

Gary Hughes

Tim is a pretty cool guy and when I met him he couldn't have been nicer. So he comes off bad in interviews, who cares? Its kind of refreshing seeing a giant guy like that throwing monster kicks and having un-orthodox fighting style. MMA would get boring if you didn't have an odd ball fighter here and there.
Tim = OK in my book

TTT for the big lumbering cluts. Say what you will. He's the champ.

And who cares if he sounds like a monster truck/harley driving, paintball playing, gaming redneck.

Because he is!!

Lets all pretend to be someone else because the camera is on! I mean, come on people, what would you really respect.

If you dont like this type of person... call it for what it is. So I hate rednecks.

Big T's for the champ

like him

Interesting guys Tim seems to be batting 50/50 better than I thought he would do. I am sure he is a nice to hang out with. Really you could like anyone if you got to know them. Ted Bundy apparently was a great guy if you met him in person.

What I'm saying is on the few occasions he has got in front of the microphone he has came across as a complete idiot. Also him grabbing the fence so blatantly against Silva and the Tre incident where he hardly looked over at him after decapitating him with a head kick made me lose a lot of respect for him.

I dislike him but keep in mind that he would probably be able to fuck up most of us without breaking a sweat. So, although I personally don't like him or his attitude I do have respect for him.

Don't know him personally, but I don't have a problem with him from what I know of him. I guess you can put me in the "like" camp, since I don't have any reason to dislike him.

"like him
hes a nice guy, an overachiever and i dont judge a fighter on his build or haircut"

Jacktripper has stated the correct. No one can question his training efforts. He just said it again in an interview that he is not the best athlete but just really really works hard on getting better and improving.

I like him too.

I respect Tim as a fighter and a champion, but I can't stand him as a person. Has anyone here actually met Tim in person? He acts like he is second coming of Jesus or something. He acts as he is too cool to interact with fans and everything comes out of his mouth is pure garbage. Even fighters like Tito, Baroni, Tank which many people here hate are not like that in person or when interacting with fans. Tim think he is on another level for that matter. I can't recall which UFC it was, but some kid walked up to Tim and asked him whether he can feel the UFC belt he was wearing. Tim said no and told him to get lost. WTF? Kid was barely 10 yrs old.

he may be the champ, but he is horrible for the sport and for the UFC. Him becoming the UFC champion again assures how bad and shallow the UFC heavy weight pool is. It's a joke compared to Pride's heavies.

sign me up as dislike category. He can be the champion for years to come, but i won't be jumping on his bandwagon anytime soon.

I'm confused by your post Mike. Are we using the term "dislike" (as you started) or "hate" (as you finished)?

Ne Jajibbara - I cant say this is not true. Wont do it to ya! But to say this is out of character. It is definitely out of character. There is a daycare in the gym where they train, and the fighters often interact and play out of kindness. All of the fighters at MFS are very fan orientated, and most are involved with local youth programs. In fact, many of them have started up their own local charitable programs for kids. I've seen Tim interact many times with youth (to include my kids), and fans in general. I'm just saying your post is completely out of character for him. (And I will admit he is standoffish at times with strangers, but he lights up for youth) Hard to believe!

I **ucking hate him!

I like him!

dislike

Sorry fighting Fish, I meant dislike. It's hard for me to say I hate the guy because he hasn't done anything to me personally. As a fighter I respect how hard he works ect...

I don't like him because of how much of an ass he comes off in every interview he has ever done. I'm very happy that the UFC is giving Arvloski a rematch to say the least.

Dislike

Great guy, like him.

i like him all the more for being a redneck! he has heart and desire and ability, what you got?