Who do you think won? Silva/Hunt?

Silva. Because of the HUGE weight diff. which is insane anyway and i for one (i know who gives a fuck)am getting a little tired of the worked shit and spectacle shit of pride. What will i do about it? Bend over and take it up the ass and buy the next one...

Silva IMO. Hunt landed some Bombs, but compare that to Silva landing some good punches of his own, PWN3ING the takedowns and had a few submission attempts.

All to a guy that outweighed him by what 50-60#s? Maybe the judges scored the Atomic Butt Drop?

Silva

Because of the weight difference I think silva should of won......

I agree with Josh Balis. All the power shots came from Hunt. Hunt rocked Silva's world a few times.

However, do any of you feel Silva did not look like the same fighter as when he fought Rampage? Silva looked so much crisper against Rampage. I know about the weight advantage, but Silva just didn't seem the same.

I would have liked to have seen a draw. I clearly don't think either fighter won decisively. However, if a decision had to be made I would give it to Hunt.

Draw.

I am new at watching Pride events and have no idea how they are scored, but to me it looked like Hunt dominated Silva. Silva got the takedowns but did nothing with them except for hitting Hunt in the back of the head. His submission attempts seemed pretty weak and I think almost all of them he tried as the round was expiring.

Hunt on the other hand was in the middle of the ring the entire fight with Silva backing into the ropes. Whenever Hunt got taken down he would reverse it or escape, so if Silva gets points for takedowns does Hunt get points for escapes? Hunt never seemed shaken the entire fight unlike Silva who was rocked a couple of times by big shots. Silva was able to take some massive abuse and was still standing, but in my opinion (which really doesn't matter does it?) he never was the agressor and went to the takedowns just to avoid the abuse and not to finish the match.

I think Hunt won it but there was a considerable weight difference between the two. Silva's a tough m-f*cker though.

Total shenanigans imo.

"But if Hunt had a month to prepare"

Hunt looked like he was in the best shape he's been in so far. I personally think he'd been training much longer than folks let on. Silva is incredible. The right uppercut, AND the straight right both could have knocked people out on their own. And Vanderlei took them both in the same flurry!!!!! Crazy fight, great job by Hunt, great job by Vanderlei. Silva will kill him in a rematch.

Hunt won. Clearly.

I'm sorry, but sitting on top of someone and throwing weak-ass short punches doesn't count for much in my book. Silva clearly wasn't trying to finish. If he had at least unloaded in the last minute, then I'd be more impressed. If he'd gone for a submission, I might think he'd won. I believe that trying to finish is a major Pride criteria and Silva didn't try to beat his opponent. Hunt beat the crap out of Silva that whole fight, knocking him down three times and taking no significant damage himself. He looked close to ending it at the beginning of the second round. I was very impressed by Silva's skill. But he didn't win that fight.

Very clear decision for Hunt in my opinion. I'm surprised anyone else thinks otherwise.

Robin.

Hunt had Silva on the defense for nearly the entire fight. Even when Silva got the takedown, he really did not do much. I think the fight was close and I could see Hunt winning. It really did not surprise me. The one thing that is clear is Hunt did FAR more damage to Silva. Silva was just barely hanging on in that fight.

With that being said, I have an even higher level of respect for Silva now. What a warrior to take that fight on short notice and compete against a K-1 World Grand Prix champion who in a super heavyweight.

hunt. he came very close to finishing silva

dont mean to make a big deal out of it, but Im still looking forward to your reply, kerry, on how im a bitchy little kid for comparing this fight to matsui-pele, when pele played the role of hunt (dominating the standup, but got a yellowcard), matsui played the role of silva (without the weight disadvantage) yet matsui got that decision, and silva lost this one?

I think Silva won.

I was gonna count them all, but when it became about 11-2 for Silva, I gave up. :)

"he came very close to finishing silva"

At one point in the fight, yes. But Silva was a lot more active than he's been given credit for imo.

Hunt won !

Silva didn't lose.

He the much superior fighter in that fight. Hunt relied on size, strenght and instinct but Silva basically controlled him most of the fight. The judges need to review that tape and admit to themselves only one of those knockdowns was clean - compare that to Silva's close submission and its a wash. Both scored on the feet but Silva dominated position and basically determined where the fight went.

I think it was a horrid decision.

I believe the yellow card & weight difference should have played more into the decision.

At the time I watched the fight I thought Silva was robbed but reading these posts & trying to keep an open mind, I can see how Hunt could've been given the decision for being closer to finishing the fight.