Who do you want to see Conor fight next?

I think it should be Tony Ferguson regardless.

Even if Poirier defeats Khabib he deserves time to recover and enjoy that type of victory.

Originally it was supposed to be Conor and Tony unifying their Lightweight titles.

2 Likes

He should fight his coke habit 

3 Likes

I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see him fight Gillespie. If he can beat a dominant wrestler in the division, it would make his next title shot more deserved. He will more likely fight Max at 155 in a super fight, or get a title shot.

cawkgobbler -

I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see him fight Gillespie. If he can beat a dominant wrestler in the division, it would make his next title shot more deserved. He will more likely fight Max at 155 in a super fight, or get a title shot.

thats a good fight. It makes sense. Tony deserves Title shot. 

Gillespie is a really bad matchup for Conor. I think if you were gonna go the Gregor Gillespie route it'd be better to do Leo Santos. At least McGregor is younger than him and there's the storyline of Santos being Aldo's teammate and close friend, TUF Champion, plus he submitted GSP in competition, is also undefeated in the UFC, with a knockout of Kevin Lee. It's a classic crossroads matchup. The older veteran who has earned an opportunity for a variety of reasons, like defeating Adriano Martins the fight after he knocked out Islam Makhachev, against the sidetracked superstar looking to rejuvenate his career and correct his path. Similarities to Khabib in that he hasn't lost in a decade, his strength is grappling and an overhand right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqp3xVa3lHI

1 Like

https://gfycat.com/ifr/RadiantVillainousGoitered

When they're training together GSP and Kevin Lee can talk about Leo Santos finishing them both.

BJ Penn 

2 Likes

Id like to see him fight Al Iaquinta, Gaethje, or Barboza, not in that order.

Tony needs to be fighting whomever wins Dustin vs Khabib. 

If Conor is able to go out and get a win, then put him back in the mix of the top 3-4 names.

Gregor Gillespie talks about when he quit drinking alcohol

"WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT YANCY"

Gillespie grew up competing with Jordan Burroughs in his bracket. He's just a superior athlete. .

The sport is passing by many of the fighters we used to know as the best. 

I know people want to see Conor McGregor vs. BJ Penn or Frankie Edgar, but why not see Conor McGregor become the new BJ Penn against the new Frankie Edgar, Gregor Gillespie..

Edgar.

1 Like

I always loved Conor but now I really don't care.

Cowboy and Gaethje fight a week after Khabib and Poirier. Tony is waiting. Conor is waiting. Iaquinta vs Hooker goes down in October. Barboza and Felder goes down next week. Charles Oliveira and Hernandez are winning and waiting right now. That covers all the fightmatrix top ten. Taisumov and Makhachev fight this weekend, Gillespie needs a big fight too. So does Leonardo Santos.

Khabib vs Poirier winner defends vs Tony next.

Cowboy vs Gaethje winners gets Conor.

Don't know how to handle Taisumov, Makhachev, Gillespie, Santos... these are top of the food chain guys that can't get the big fights they need to be seen as "top 10" or "champ" or "#1 contender".

Sometimes things are so deep "top 10" don't really exist and when styles make fights... #18 who can't get big fights can crush #6 who always gets the big fights.

You are kidding yourself if you think Cowboy, Barboza, and Felder are a level above Taisumov, Makhachev, Gillespie, Oliveira, and Santos. They just get more oppurtunity for the big fights.

So yeah, give Tony his title shot next and Conor vs Cowboy vs Gaethje winner screams excitment and buzz. Its a huge win/win for Tony, Conor, the UFC, and the fans.

Aldo

Very weird that anyone would talk about matchups like Leo Santos when the Nate Diaz fight is *STILL* sitting on the table.  It starts to sound like Conor's fans don't think he can beat Nate!  And don't say "waaah weight classes" because both professionals could easily make the agreed upon weight for what would be the biggest paydays of their careers.

cyborg

jgiveshead - 

Very weird that anyone would talk about matchups like Leo Santos when the Nate Diaz fight is *STILL* sitting on the table.  It starts to sound like Conor's fans don't think he can beat Nate!  And don't say "waaah weight classes" because both professionals could easily make the agreed upon weight for what would be the biggest paydays of their careers.

It's because Santos is Aldo's close friend who fights at LW and he speaks English. A form of an Aldo rematch.