Who does Dana rank above Fedor?

Has anybody ever actually asked him this question outright?

I see only 5 heavyweights even worth commenting on (I've left out Big Nog because Fedor nearly killed him twice).

Brock - A real handful, but he's had 4 fights. He ISNT above Fedor.
Mir - Dont make me laugh.
Kongo - Really?! lol.
Couture - No.
Carwin - Yeah right.

People say "Fedor has to fight in the UFC to prove himself the best". Why???

Cuz it's where the cool kids are at. Ultimate Fedor Championship ftw!!!

"People say "Fedor has to fight in the UFC to prove himself the best". Why???"

Because 90% of Ultimate Fighting fans only know the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

In reality, Fedor could retire tomorrow if he wants to. He doesn't have to prove himself to Joe America if he doesn't care to.

Jerry?

To be honest, I think (and hope) Fedor doesn't give a fuck about who some prick from the Hollywood hills thinks is the Heavyweight champion.

It would be great for Fedor to fight Brock, Frank, and Randy just so Randy can retire with no regret.

I'm sure Jordan would've been just as good of basketball player, had he not played in NBA, but who would care?

According to Dana White, there are twenty top-5 heavyweights and they're all in the UFC.

Fact is, even though the UFC became #1 when Pride died, their HW roster has only been raised marginally.

I find it interesting that he always talks crap on Fedor but has yet to say "X Heavyweight is better in the UFC". The best he can do is say Anderson Silva is a fighter P4P.

In Dana's defense, he has never really said Fedor isn't the top heavyweight to my knowledge. Usually he just says he is overrated or hasn't proven himself but this can be interpreted to involve a P4P context.

glassjawed - In Dana's defense, he has never really said Fedor isn't the top heavyweight to my knowledge. Usually he just says he is overrated or hasn't proven himself but this can be interpreted to involve a P4P context.

Not correct--during the initial conversations when it appeared Fedor was part of the Pride package, Dana called Fedor the best heavyweight on the planet.   When Fedor wasn't acquired, overnight he wasn't even a top 5 heavyweight.

That said--Dana is a promoter--he's doing his job.  It is amazing he makes some of these arguments as convincingly as he does, with a straight face. 

I think with the P4P, Dana can argue that Silva, GSP or Machida is above Fedor. Although most fans will disagree.

However, at HW there is no question Fedor is #1.

glassjawed - In Dana's defense, he has never really said Fedor isn't the top heavyweight to my knowledge. Usually he just says he is overrated or hasn't proven himself but this can be interpreted to involve a P4P context.

wat?

Heartbroken Lee - 
Machida - he IS better than Fedor.
Silva - would also probably beat Fedor.

You'll get flamed for this, as most people are not prepared to accept it.

But yes, Machida/Anderson have the best shot to best Fedor. Better shot that Brock.

Over the years, Herring, Big Nog, Crocop, Hunt, Wanderlei, Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, Machida, Anderson, GSP, BJ Penn (seriously, you can find threads stating this), Barnett, Coleman, Randleman, Rampage, Couture, Liddell, Henderson, Matt Hughes (again, look and you'll find the threads), Gonzaga, Brock, Mir, and probably 20 other guys have been picked as the ones to beat Fedor.

Dana White isn't doing anything that isn't regularly carried out in this forum. Even in this thread we've got a middle weight and a light heavy favored to beat Fedor ... and there'll probably be a welter weight added before the thread is finished.

In the end, predictions don't seem to mean much as far as Fedor goes - so far he's always managed to come out on top, even when he was supposed to lose.