Who else freaked (Gray/Roger) when they said Cecil

was the last judge on that Split? I thought for sure Huerta woulda got the nod, lol.

Btw I thought Gray won it, but I'm open to hearing opinions on why you think Huerta did.

toss up, but no way it was 30/27....  dana is a douche

29-28, imo.

29-29 split, second could have gone either way.

Huerta only really took that one solid jab in the second and he shook it off rather quickly.

Maynard took the third easily and that view of huerta's shoulder was nasty.

No way in hell was that a 30-27 fight

We had it 29-28 Maynard due to Huerta getting dropped (albeit very shortly) in the second and Maynard keeping Huerta on the defensive in the third.  But when Buffer said, "And judge Cecil Peoples", we all shit bricks.

How could he or the second judge see it 30-27 either way?  How could Peoples give the first to Maynard and the other judge give the third to Maynard.  It was a toss up not a clear cut 30-27.  Another horrible judging job.

30-27 easy. Maynard landed the bulk of the hard punches in each round and made Huerta miss repeatedly and embarrassingly.

To the OP...I agree...plus Buffer's pattern is usually the first score he reads in a SD is the winner, followed by the loser, and the 3rd one is the winner...and he announced the Huerta judge first, when I heard Cecil Peoples as the 3rd judge, I half expected a robbery.

sans lubricant's towelboy - was the last judge on that Split? I thought for sure Huerta woulda got the nod, lol.

haha I was scared too

it was a 30-27 fight, but it is just luck peoples got it right.

How did Gray win the first round?

Definetly not a 30-27 fight. Only a judge like Cecil Pepils or Stevie Wonder would see it that way.

Gray edged the second and got the third.

LOL...

I thought the same thing when I heard People's name

Hendo4Life -  We had it 29-28 Maynard due to Huerta getting dropped (albeit very shortly) in the second and Maynard keeping Huerta on the defensive in the third.  But when Buffer said, "And judge Cecil Peoples", we all shit bricks.

How could he or the second judge see it 30-27 either way?  How could Peoples give the first to Maynard and the other judge give the third to Maynard.  It was a toss up not a clear cut 30-27.  Another horrible judging job.

I had a little puke in my mouth after contemplating some combination of Peoples and Miragliotta impact on a single match

TheTrollSmasher - How did Gray win the first round?

By landing many more clean strikes.

in reality it'd been a draw i think.

how were any of you surprised?  It has been painfully obvious that Huerta's only chance to win was by K.O., or Sub.  The fix was in. 

I had it 30-27. You can't give credit for good defense and a good chin. Defense doesn't score points. A beautifull combo that misses or is blocked = 0 points. I could see it being 29-28. Goldie and Kenny were riding Huerta's balls big time. Very biased commentating.

I was rooting for Huerta, but it looked to me like Maynard won. Close and exciting fight, though.