Who has better karate, wonderboy or the dragon?

Title says all.
I think wonderboy does, love his side kicks and upward kicks. Phone Post 3.0

Wonderboy is a much more impressive striker IMO Phone Post 3.0

Thomson is more active but machida was great at using his karate with trips so as far as striking I'd say Thompson but I loved machidas trips Phone Post 3.0

Wonderboy is a kickboxer with a tae kwon do background iirc. Two different styles. Phone Post 3.0

If were talking point fighting spar kumite style i would say thompson.but a straight mma fight machida..good question! Because there both so skilled at it Phone Post 3.0

Very different applications of karate. Apples and oranges. Phone Post 3.0

Machida has better hands, trips and a better counter striker....

Wonderboy has better kicks and is a more aggressive and effective offensive striker. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure one is better. It's like a rifle and a shotgun. Different applications...they can be very effective in the right scenarios.

As for the lighting fast in-out that wonderboy has...I want to see him fight MVP. That would be crazy Phone Post 3.0

American karate (blend of TKD/Kickboxing)?? Wonderboy

Traditional Japanese Karate (angles, penetration, direct strikes)?? Lyoto Phone Post 3.0

Sport karate vs traditional karate Phone Post 3.0

TalkShowOnMute - I'm not sure one is better. It's like a rifle and a shotgun. Different applications...they can be very effective in the right scenarios.

As for the lighting fast in-out that wonderboy has...I want to see him fight MVP. That would be crazy Phone Post 3.0

Not sure I understand. Which different scenarios are they fighting styles used in, they all get in the cage and face the same circumstances, and with that I have to say Wonderboy's style is the more impressive to me. I also been a huge Machida fan and supporter from the beginning, I love his style, but if I'm allowed to be blessed with either's style and skill, I'm becoming Wonderboy.

Forrest

We would have to watch them fight each other in karate before anyone can answer this question. Phone Post 3.0

Machida crane kick for the win. Phone Post 3.0

Machida legitimately used Karate to win a UFC title. He used Karate like Gracie used BJJ, but against better opponents. I don't think anyone has done it better.

Like with anything, once people caught on and age and PED testing was upgraded, he struggled.

However, his initial run was pretty remarkable. He KO'ed Randy Couture with a fucking Crane Kick, that is pretty crazy.

MVP Phone Post 3.0

wandFC12 - Wonderboy is a kickboxer with a tae kwon do background iirc. Two different styles. Phone Post 3.0
No and not really! Phone Post 3.0

Machida is better as far as Karate. As far as points Kickboxing, Wonderboy is good but if against another person similar he would struggle. It's just the current 'in' style which is tough to deal with, as BJJ was, that is until people learn to nullify it. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know a lot about karate, but I will say wonderboy has much better offensive standup and his kicks are light years better.

At this point in their careers he's probably better guy defensively as well. Phone Post 3.0