Who has bigger legacy in MMA?

Randy by far imo

Randy has one of the most storied careers period as far as im concerned.

Coleman is a early pioneer of the GNP, the American wrestler making his way into MMA and also the Pride GP but Randy has been wow'ing us since he upset the Phenom back then till now.

mijo - There was no doubting the loses that Randy had, or Coleman. I think i would call it a dead even draw. Both are greatness.

Yes there were.

Randys loss to Illkohuine was total bs.

all i know is Coleman would whoop Randy's ass now, back in the day, whenever, wherever

Really close, gotta give it to Coleman cause his legacy also extends to Japan.

Mc6pack - Really close, gotta give it to Coleman cause his legacy also extends to Japan.

And Randy's is greater in the US....

D_S_A - all i know is Coleman would whoop Randy's ass now, back in the day, whenever, wherever

Is it Coleman's lack of cardio, stellar sub defense, strategy or general dramatic improvements to his game that makes you think that?

Not quite the same but Randy handled Randleman and they are similar fighters.

What's with Randy being so underated or under appreciated now?

dbl

trpl

Wasa-B - 
D_S_A - all i know is Coleman would whoop Randy's ass now, back in the day, whenever, wherever

Is it Coleman's lack of cardio, stellar sub defense, strategy or general dramatic improvements to his game that makes you think that?

Not quite the same but Randy handled Randleman and they are similar fighters.

What's with Randy being so underated or under appreciated now?

Coleman hasnt proven shit to me since smashing Goes.

whaaaaaatttttt???? no bro

Hell, good question!! I don't know.

My first instict was to say Randy, but, hell, Mark's right up there w/ him.

TTT for Both LEGENDS.

HELWIG - "Keep in mind, two of Randy's losses are due to illegal things (Barnett roided and Ricco won after an illegal downward elbow)  "

To be fair, Ricco's elbow wasnt a downward one and was legal. It happened to hit Randy's eye socket.

The fight was ending very shortly at that point.

Downward shots with the point of the elbow were illegal at the time...

The thing about this game is, for the most part, no one stays top dog for too long. And once knocked from that status most never seem to regain it, or worse end up as shadows of what they were. Randy has suffered some big losses but then seems to be able to make it up with some masterpiece wins.

A rough analogy would be in music there are bands that put out 1 or maybe 2 great alblums. Then everything after that is total garbage. Randy follows that pattern then comes out of seemingly nowhere with another masterpiece.

Couture by class alone

Randy beat more legendary guys in the recent era of MMA. That's far more impressive IMO.

Randy.

Frogs - The thing about this game is, for the most part, no one stays top dog for too long. And once knocked from that status most never seem to regain it, or worse end up as shadows of what they were. Randy has suffered some big losses but then seems to be able to make it up with some masterpiece wins.

A rough analogy would be in music there are bands that put out 1 or maybe 2 great alblums. Then everything after that is total garbage. Randy follows that pattern then comes out of seemingly nowhere with another masterpiece.

So Randy is Aerosmith(career had second wind greater than first) and Coleman is Nirvana (pioneer of grunge/gnp)

I was never a Coleman fan, but I will say he was one of the guys that (at least to my recollection) was really hurt by the rule changes.

1. Headbutts

2. Knees on the ground

3. Back of the head/base of the spine shots.

Guys like Coleman and Kerr were fucking meat grinders when they got the takedown and top position.  Headbutts were a tactic that Coleman could do a high volume of, while not opening himself up to get swept/subbed and that didn't require the kind of cardio that trying to land punches on a guy squirming in his guard.

I think his career trajectory was really affected by the rules change and he could have been dominant a bit longer if he were allowed to use all his weapons