Who has the best odds to defeat Jones?

everyone talkin about how machida clipped him but ppl seem to have forgotten that shogun clipped him as well and that was after he was severely fucked up already.

http://video.ufc.tv//128/photos/128_EventPhotos/12_Rua_Jones/21Shogun_Jones.jpg

that being said, machida's punch didnt mean shit and he stands no chance in a rematch. lol @ everyone who called that "adversity" for jones.

This going to sound crazy, especially as he is not in contention for a title shot...

...I think Randy Couture could beat Jones. He has the wrestling, the cardio, but most importantly, the pressure and dirty boxing.

Jones needs to be pressured and roughed up inside. All these guys that are "elusive" moving in and out set up one punch. To beat Jones you have to get inside and stay inside and work him over with a strong clinch and good TD defense.

Randy could do that.

Chango

ChangoBravo - This going to sound crazy, especially as he is not in contention for a title shot...

...I think Randy Couture could beat Jones. He has the wrestling, the cardio, but most importantly, the pressure and dirty boxing.

Jones needs to be pressured and roughed up inside. All these guys that are "elusive" moving in and out set up one punch. To beat Jones you have to get inside and stay inside and work him over with a strong clinch and good TD defense.

Randy could do that.

Chango

Younger randy definitely style wise had a good chance when he still had his chin and a bit of speed Phone Post

ChangoBravo - This going to sound crazy, especially as he is not in contention for a title shot...

Randy could do that.

Chango

I agree with the 'Jones needs to be pressured and roughed up inside'

someone call Chael

Prime Chuck might have been a challenge. Maybe prime Randy too.

Rashad has the best chance of those left but I still don't think he has a prayer. Jones is an anomaly at LHW. Technically he's great but his size/reach at 205 makes him even more than great.

Everyone seems to be forgetting one person who is comparable in size and style to Jon Jones. They have a common opponent who they both pretty much decimated in Matt Hammill. Alexander Gustafsson. He's still very green and doesn't have that natural ability of Jon Jones but with the way he ran through Hammill, I'm eager to see him fight Vladdy Matyushenko, yet another common opponent he'll share with Jones.

His size, though he doesn't have the inhuman reach of Jones, could pose some problems for Jones. He's very tall for the weight class at 6'5 and has both good striking and grappling. His TDD is also top notch.

Also their styles are relatively similar. Both are very big for the division and know it. They use it to their advantage.

As of now, his only loss is to Phil Davis, not something too be ashamed of as he is the man who pulled off the only one handed kimura I've seen to date and is also considered to be a prospect.

If Gustafsson can get through Vladdy, I would like to see him fight someone like Machida or the loser of Davis-Hashad. Gustafsson is a real prospect in this wild LHW division who sort of falls under the radar. Hopefully people start talking about him soon.

Rashad at this point.

Randy or Dan.  I knwo neither of them have the unorthadox style that Machida had so they may not land but if Dan landed what Machida landed we could have seen a really interesting fight.  Randy clinch, dirty boxing who knows.

lol @ black fedor...

i think it might take someone from a different division... like maybe anderson silva.

or a heavyweight like dos santos.

only guy right now at 205 would be henderson, and as much of a fan as i am of his... i don't know if i could pick him over jones right now.

but if hendo ever had a shot at beating jones, it's now. he looks phenominal, but not getting any younger.

ABE FROMAN -  "I believe the best light heavyweight of all time is the Rashad Evans that stepped into the ring on Saturday night [at UFC 133]. A lot of people are really missing it, they're like 'Well, he beat Tito and Tito wasn't quite ready' and I'm going 'wait a minute, Tito's always ready.' Secondly, let's understand Tito hit Rashad so hard two different times. Once with a cross and once with a hook that would have sent most people down and Rashad walked right through it. Let's understand Rashad was caught in a choke and found his way out. Let's understand Rashad went on an absolute sprint where I thought 'wow, this is great' because I'm cheering for Tito and he's punching himself out. Not only did he not punch himself out he did about two or three more of those sprints in the fight and then he finally did get the finish. The Rashad Evans that was in the ring that night, people really need to look at that performance. That was flat-out scary. Rashad moves his record to 18-1, that's the best record in our industry, a former champion, he could walk away right now and he will go down in the hall of fame."

-Chael Sonnen

first thing that Chael ever said that I could fully agee with. The guy who ruined Chuck Liddell could also ruin Jon Jones should he land the type of bomb he landed on poor Chuck that day

TRT, HGH. Nandrolone, PCP, Cocaine, Painkillers, Cordyceps cocktail. with Morphine chaser.

King mo looked spent after 3 rds from taking down mousasi...now imagine him trying that with big foot jones...sorry won't work Phone Post

Whichever the winner of Davis/Rashad, I think both have a good chance

notsometourist - Everyone seems to be forgetting one person who is comparable in size and style to Jon Jones. They have a common opponent who they both pretty much decimated in Matt Hammill. Alexander Gustafsson. He's still very green and doesn't have that natural ability of Jon Jones but with the way he ran through Hammill, I'm eager to see him fight Vladdy Matyushenko, yet another common opponent he'll share with Jones.

His size, though he doesn't have the inhuman reach of Jones, could pose some problems for Jones. He's very tall for the weight class at 6'5 and has both good striking and grappling. His TDD is also top notch.

Also their styles are relatively similar. Both are very big for the division and know it. They use it to their advantage.

As of now, his only loss is to Phil Davis, not something too be ashamed of as he is the man who pulled off the only one handed kimura I've seen to date and is also considered to be a prospect.

If Gustafsson can get through Vladdy, I would like to see him fight someone like Machida or the loser of Davis-Hashad. Gustafsson is a real prospect in this wild LHW division who sort of falls under the radar. Hopefully people start talking about him soon.

100% This! Even is his fight with phil davis he showed real good TDD for a while.

RASHAD, HENDO, KING MO

mark9 - everyone talkin about how machida clipped him but ppl seem to have forgotten that shogun clipped him as well and that was after he was severely fucked up already.

http://video.ufc.tv//128/photos/128_EventPhotos/12_Rua_Jones/21Shogun_Jones.jpg

that being said, machida's punch didnt mean shit and he stands no chance in a rematch. lol @ everyone who called that "adversity" for jones.

I know, we should take your stupid opinion over the guy that actually fought him. Jones was lost in the first round when you compare how his striking has fared against the rest of his opponents.

Alexander Gustafsson has the best shot. Just has to close some gaps in his game and he makes it very interesting.

Let vitor roid again and jones would be pudding. Haha Phone Post

Vitor has the hand speed advantage and he is a strong black belt. Phone Post

I agree with Gustaffson being a future threat. Can't wait to see how he evolves in the next few years.