Who here got LASIK/PRK?

Recently I got contacts but the prescription for my left eye is off. I knew it wouldnt be perfect, but its too far off for me. Apparently, my astigmatism falls between two prescriptions for contacts, so no matter which way it goes, it wont be perfect.

Im considering lasik or PRK depending on which one I qualify for. Just curious who here has had either one and what the results were.

Wife had prk.  She says it's the best money she's ever spent. Went from being pretty blind to having excellent vision. 

reagan123 - 

Wife had prk.  She says it's the best money she's ever spent. Went from being pretty blind to having excellent vision. 

Any issue with halos at night or anything like that?

Nope, she never experienced that.

I had Lasik. No regrets. Get a little dry eye at night sometimes but way better than abusing my eyeballs with contacts, which I did for years.

I had PRK.  Military paid for it.  The healing period for PRK is longer and if you mess up the eye drop regimen, it can mess with the healing.  It's a quick procedure because they just laser the top of the eye and its wierd because your watching the laser and smelling it burn.  But its 100% wort it.  I can wear normal sunglasses.

DO IT!

Best money I ever spent

Got LASIK, and highly recommend it. No problems with training or halos or dry eyes. Best money I've spent. 

Got LASIK almost 20 years ago, and am very happy. My distance vision is still great, but I need readers for up close stuff, but I knew that would be the case going in. I was only 38 when I had it done.

Had LASIK 14 years ago.  Best decision I've ever made.  Had night Halo's for the first month and then they went away.  Eyes are still in good shape.

pm1964 - Got LASIK almost 20 years ago, and am very happy. My distance vision is still great, but I need readers for up close stuff, but I knew that would be the case going in. I was only 38 when I had it done.

Pretty much the same with me. I had great close up vision prior and horrible distance vision. The doc told me that if I did the surgery I’d basically be trading the two where I’ll have great distance vision but will need reading glasses for close up. I happily made the switch. I did have halos at night in the beginning. Either they’ve gone away with time or I’ve become so used to them that I don’t notice them. Glare from oncoming headlights was real bad in the first month or so after surgery. They’re not as bad now but a bit of it is still there.

Crashdt -

I had PRK.  Military paid for it.  The healing period for PRK is longer and if you mess up the eye drop regimen, it can mess with the healing.  It's a quick procedure because they just laser the top of the eye and its wierd because your watching the laser and smelling it burn.  But its 100% wort it.  I can wear normal sunglasses.

DO IT!

Same story here. Recovery was a bitch for about a week. Any light at all really hurt. PRK is what you do if you're cornea is too thin for lasik. Would do it again today if I had too.