Who here is old enough that...

Ok, this thread is to show the youngsters on the OG how different life is to be not too long ago. So, without giving your age, just write a comment like my real comment below:

I'm old enough that as a child, I was my father's first TV remote control 

1 Like

Air raid siren tests last Sunday of every month

1 Like

DIal a phone number in a circular motion.

3 Likes

My dad bought a Betamax machine that cost as much as our car. 

2 Likes

Cartoons were for Saturday morning only.

I was the garage door opener. 

1 Like

I ate cheese called "CHEESE"

4 Likes

I wrote my school term papers with a typewriter...and not a fancy electric typewriter, but the old kind with an ink ribbon thingy. 

I’m also so old that my great-grandmother told me about seeing an automobile for the first time and couldn’t figure out where the horse was that was making it move.

8 tracks

I remember when cars were constantly going house to  house selling poi, lau lau, and pastele 

sorry I grew up in Hawaii 

I was in a group called the “Code Busters” who collected and traded games on our Commodore 64 computers. 

2 Likes
oldnslow - I'm also so old that my great-grandmother told me about seeing an automobile for the first time and couldn't figure out where the horse was that was making it move.

That seems more a function of how little time cars have actually been around. 4 generations can easily cover 100+ years.

My grandfather grew up in the countryside (Victoria, Australia) and told me the story of how the whole town came out to see the first car. They all knew what it was, and had read about it, but it was a big thing to see one in person.

My father was an electrician.   His job was to bring electricity to towns that didn’t have it yet.  Not fibre optics or internet.   Electricity.

I remember my mom telling me never to leave the house without a quarter in case I needed to call home. 

I'm so old, I have articles if clothing that would be old enough to legally drink 

Brown Buick station wagon

Tv remote that had a cable back to the tv

3 Likes

I played Atari on a 13" black & white TV. My mom wouldn’t let me put it on the main tv (color).

3 Likes

I could take Guns and Ammo to school on the bus with a note. Once I did in 5th grade, a Shotgun, Pistol and rifle for a show and tell speech. 

2 Likes

When I was a kid I would actually play outside.

1 Like