Who hurt their meniscus? tell me about it

I was training jj four weeks ago and there was no pop or anything specific that caused it. Just tried to stand up after training and couldn’t straighten my leg. Flexion or twisting DOES NOT hurt however. I first though I just had to “crack” the knuckle.

Week later I thought I could train again. Couldn’t straighten again.

Rest three weeks and my knee was feeling good again. Trained. Can’t straighten AGAIN.

have an appointment with PT but due to corona it’s video chat. My goal is imaging (MRI) but the doc won’t refer to ortho until I do pt. It hurts on the medial side. It hurts initially to straighten but after a few weeks that pain goes away and then it hurts specifically on the medial side. The butterfly stretch position specifically.

Am I wasting my time with pt? Is surgery the only way? This is the really the first time I am having knee problems so this is new territory for me.

Mine happened at skyzone couldnt straighten for around 2 weeks. Took 8 to 10 weeks before I forgot about it in everyday life. Was almost 2 years before I didnt think about it during leg day. 

2inchpunisher - 

Mine happened at skyzone couldnt straighten for around 2 weeks. Took 8 to 10 weeks before I forgot about it in everyday life. Was almost 2 years before I didnt think about it during leg day. 

Damn this is what scares me. I don’t want to do jj all scared every roll for the next two years.

I did a doctor and PT appointment and they didn’t seem too worried. I did a series of tests all of which I could do totally fine. I could stand on the leg with no pain. Just pain from straightening or butterfly stretch but they made it sound like with basic PT and rest I could be back on the mats in 4-6 weeks? Anyone else experience anything similar?