Who is more famous?

Over 50y.o. - Freeman

Under 40 y.o. - maybe Chapelle

2 Likes

Freeman easy… How is this even a question?

3 Likes

Morgan Freeman has been around longer and has more movies. It would depend on the age of the person. More people could id Freeman. Everyone has seen a movie with Freeman in it. Chappelle is still more of a niche celebrity.

if OP would just TRUTHFULLY tell us who his wife chose. Then I could unfollow this thread LOL

he probably tell us in 4 months

1 Like

Wife said freeman was much more famous. I disagreed

1 Like

Morgan Freeman by about a mile. The vast majority of people don’t give a rat’s ass about standup comedy unless the comedian transitions into movies.

depnds on the demographic/age

a lot of people in my age range first noticed Chappelle in comedy movies, not standup in particular

i liked him from robin hood and half baked, the nutty professor, etc. before I ever saw any of his stand up

i think it is closer to even within the USA and further apart wordlwide in Mrogan’s favor

Morgan Freeman. By a lot. Everyone who knows the name Dave chapelle, knows the name Morgan Freeman. Not everyone who knows who Morgan Freeman is knows who Dave Chappelle is. My grandmother does not know Dave Chappelle. Everyone knows who Morgan Freeman is. It’s not even close.

2 Likes

I commend you on being truthful…
also

just kidding :grin:

I was thinking the same, but 40 and over Freeman and 40 and younger Chappelle. Some overlap, but definitely Freeman is known by more overall. Chappelle is likely not well known by 20 and under, as he disappeared for a while and then came back to be celebrated by his core audience. His niche is the 30 to 50 year old crowd. Freeman is known by a much broader demographic.

Wow i know im just a bear but freeman is older than i thought. Though his age still isnt a surprise. He really needs to be on more death pools