Who or what is a Mr. Kennedy?

I haven't watched Smackdown since never, so forgive me for not being in the "know".

What exactly is his gimmick? What does he do?

Seems like a pretty cool guy who can be refreshing with his mic skills.

"I haven't watched Smackdown since never, so forgive me for not being in the "know"."

First thing you need to know is that he's on Raw now. Not sure when he'll be back in the ring, but it shouldn't be more than a few more weeks.

I just went back to watching WWE regularly in the last few weeks so I don't know a hell of a lot about him either, but he's a forum favorite so you should get a few responses.

I remember when he was Ken Anderson in OVW, he was part of a heel duo with Danny Puder. Even then you could see potential.

I read an interview quip today of him saying that he heavily studies older stuff at the WWE library and consults Steve Austin after every match to get his advice.

It's good to see guys like Austin take on mentoring roles and help some of these younger guys out, just as it is good to see someone like Kennedy who seems to care about actually becoming a better WRESTLER instead of just sucking up face time on tv and trying to use WWE as a stepping stone to Hollywood, which is exactly where the problem lies in wrestling today.

"I remember when he was Ken Anderson in OVW, he was part of a heel duo with Danny Puder. Even then you could see potential."

The OVW TV shows from that time had alot of future WWE talent on them (Kennedy, Burke, Lashley, Dykstra) and were better TV than the WWE was putting on at the time. Of all the talent they had, Kennedy was the one that really stood out

I miss Heyman booked OVW...

I miss heyman booked anything :(

I miss Heyman booked.

Definitely has the best mic skills in the WWE. They should turn him face and he should start acting like the Rock. He has incredible potential.

He's most famous for stealing the mike from the announcer and doing his own introduction.

Miiisteeeeeeeeeer Ken-ned-y!

climbs ring ropes, long dramatic pause

Kennedy!

His finishing move is the Kenton Bomb, where he sommersaults off the middle turnbuckle with his opponent on his shoulders, landing on top of him on the mat.

He had the "Money in the Bank" briefcase, but was tricked by Edge into putting it on the line. He was injured, but wrestled anyway and lost it.

He had a real injury that he has only now recovered from.

^ Thanks.

That sucks, I saw him on RAW with the briefcase and thought he was pretty cool.

But since WWE never pushes any new talent, it's of no surprise that they gave the briefcase to Edge.

What's more, is the two times I"ve seen him on RAW, he got a strong positive reaction from the crowd and they really seemed genuinely into him.

So again, let's completely disregard that and job him out to Cena somewhere down the line and send him to ECW when we can't figure out why no one cares about him.

Wow...I should be a WWE writer!

they need puder grizz