Who should replace Jon Stewart ?

I was watching Redacted Tonight this morning and I think Lee Camp is perfect for the job, whoever it is, it won't take much to be funnier than Colbert's replacement Phone Post 3.0

I don't know Lee Camp very well but I doubt they would go with him because of his association with RT and Zeitgeist bullshit.

I could see them giving Jason Jones the job.

Probably Jason Jones but I was underwhelmed by him filling in for Stewart.

Jiminy Glick FTW

Garry Shandling or Tracy Ullman

Brian williams Phone Post 3.0

Oliver would have been the natural choice, but HBO was smart and got him first. I would say of their current correspondants Aasif Mandvi is the best fit. Of past correspondants who may be available I would say Rob Riggle comes to mind as maybe being able to come back and do the job.

I never loved Riggle. He definitely had some funny bits but I thought he often tried too hard to be "big gung-ho crazy guy" and could be a little predictable and one-note. No way he could do the anchor job.

Glick! Phone Post 3.0

GILBERT GODFREID

droplogic - Norm Macdonald.

1) cause a late night talk show is were he's always belonged

2) it would troll the shit out of Stewart fans Phone Post 3.0

I'm pretty sure he had a sports show on comedy central back in the day that was funny some of the time.

Tomato Can - I don't know Lee Camp very well but I doubt they would go with him because of his association with RT and Zeitgeist bullshit.

I could see them giving Jason Jones the job.
Some of what Camp says I disagree with, but he's funny as hell, maybe a little too edgy for Comedy Central Phone Post 3.0

droplogic - Norm Macdonald.

1) cause a late night talk show is were he's always belonged

2) it would troll the shit out of Stewart fans Phone Post 3.0
That could work. When norm is on he is fantastic. Phone Post 3.0

Norm wouldn't be a good fit.

Listen to his interview on Larry King's new show, his views on religion don't exactly fit core audience of the Daily Show.

Also he can make funny lil quips on the news, and follows it enough to be somewhat informed, but not to the extent you need to be for the Daily Show. You need someone like Maher, someone that really enjoys following and discussing news and politics.

Some of Norm McDonald's best stuff was as a guest on late night talk shows. He would completely take them over. Phone Post 3.0

Samantha bee would be a good choice. Phone Post 3.0

The obvious answer is Seth Myers.

Although Norm could do it, I think he's too abrasive for prime time.

"You need someone... that really enjoys following and discussing news and politics."

That's what the writing staff is for. What you need the host for is comedy instincts and delivery. Seth Myers has that.

To continue dipping out beak in the Saturday night Live well, what about Amy Pohler? Or Tina Fay?

Fay would probably ask for too much money, and Myers quote probably wouldn't be much below Fay's.

It would be worth it to have MacDonald as host just so that Arty Lange could be a corespondent.

"And not to comment on the situation in Bagdad, we go to Arty Lange in a crack house in Detroit. Arty?"

"Norm, I shit my pants again."

"That's great, Arty. Anything at all on the war?"

"My dealer says if I don't pay him twenty grand by tomorrow then he's gonna cut off my thumb."

"Thanks, Arty. Just so you know, I changed my cell phone number. We'll be back right after this."

What about Dennis Miller?