Who takes the open-weight tourney at Dream 9?

Super Hulk Tournament 1st Round Fights:

Minowaman vs. Bob Sapp

Jan “The Giant” Nortje vs. Sokoudjou

Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Hunt

Choi Hong Man vs. Jose Canseco

It's crazy and such a Japanese thing to do, but I love it! Who do we think takes it?

I'd like to go with the skill factor and think Mousasi but with the sheer size and hard-headedness of the guys in there, I just don't know!

Story HERE

I don't know how the pools work, so won't predict the semi's but here are my first round predictions:

Minowaman vs. Bob Sapp - Sapp by brutal beatdown Rd 1

Jan “The Giant” Nortje vs. Sokoudjou - Sokoudjou TKO Rd 1

Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Hunt - Mousasi via armbar Rd 1

Choi Hong Man vs. Jose Canseco - Choi TKO Rd 1

I hear they're letting Jose Canseco use his bat, so my money's on him.

Nobody in this tournament will get by Choi.

Mousasi, Soko and Minowa are simply too small to get the fight to the ground, and Sapp/Jan/Hunt just simply aren't skilled enough to do it.

JOSE CONSECO WTF

PTM2020 -  JOSE CONSECO WTF

I guess Mike Tyson was not available

JOSE CONSECO WTF? No no, JOSE CONSECO FTW!!!!

PTM2020 -  JOSE CONSECO WTF

THISSSSSSSSSSSS........

By the way, Gegard Mousasi wins this...

Brigham -  By the way, Gegard Mousasi wins this...

IF HUNT DOESN'T HURT HIM BAD.....

Choi without his GH secreting tumor just isn't the same. Still has no ground game whatsoever and he's never had true knockout power against decent opponents. Sapp can't even win with his size anymore and lost to Nortje recently. Sapp's performance will depend on how much performance enchancers he can abuse in the next few months. The great K-1 fighters are amazing, but the mediocre ones have been trash for a while now.

Whoever wins the Hunt vs. Mousasi matchup should still be the favorite. Soko might pull it out as well.

Canseco? Really???

Newbiebad - Choi without his GH secreting tumor just isn't the same. Still has no ground game whatsoever and he's never had true knockout power against decent opponents. Sapp can't even win with his size anymore and lost to Nortje recently. Sapp's performance will depend on how much performance enchancers he can abuse in the next few months. The great K-1 fighters are amazing, but the mediocre ones have been trash for a while now.

Whoever wins the Hunt vs. Mousasi matchup should still be the favorite. Soko might pull it out as well.
Agreed that the winner out of Hunt and Mousasi should be favourite.

The semifinals and final will not take place on the same day. The rules for the tournament are not set yet but expect shorter fights and no knee strikes to the head of a grounded opponent.

Bob Sapp
(200cm/147.6kg) vs. Minowaman (175cm/87kg)

Jan “The Giant” Nortje (211cm/149.5kg) vs. Sokoudjou (182cm/93kg)

Gegard Mousasi (186cm/97.8kg) vs. Mark Hunt (178cm/130.4kg)

Choi Hong Man (218cm/148.5kg) vs. Jose Canseco (188cm/109kg)

I'm not sure how anyhone can pick anyone other than Jose Canseco for this.

Canseco by lip gloss tucked into thigh-high socks, IMO.

IrishFighter110 - Minowa man is the toughest sob in mma.

Quoted for truth! What a guy...

Gegard Mousasi goes from MW champ to "Super Hulk Tournament" You got to love it...

Gegard Mousasi wins it...

Why won't Dana try and sign this guy?