Who uploads movies to torrent sites

I don't use torrents but I have always wondered who the people are who spend their time uploading the content for others to download for free.

What's the advantage Phone Post 3.0

I think torrents work in a YouTube kind of way. Uploaders generate visits and the ads generate revenue, giving the uploader a cut of it. Phone Post

I'm curious too.

I used to do it on a private horror tracker. Phone Post

I wondered that and also about the guys that set up cameras in theaters to steal the movie. Seems like a lot of risk just to have some people online declare that HaxorM0viez has the best cams!

Good Guy Greg or Jesus.

Computer literate males with time on their hands. Probably not a lot of social contact, but a desire to help others. My guess.

The Chinese

The guy in high school who didn't really fit in, nor was he athletic. He was the scorekeeper for the basketball team and the DD at the keggers. He was in more friendzones than the disabled dude. He did your homework. He is..................that guy.

There was a russian site a few years back that was awesome. Someone was hooking up a nice camera to the movie theaters projector and dl the movie so it was perfect quality. I can't remember the name but that thing had every movie in english up the same day it hit the theaters.

Better question:

Who run Bartertown? Phone Post 3.0

What about the DVD and blu ray rips that appear weeks before their sale in stores?
Surely that's someone involved at the movie company dvd manufactors
or am I way off? Phone Post

Everyone remember when the directors cut of Star Wars episode 1 came out before it hit theaters? That made the national news.

Bigjon29 - 

What about the DVD and blu ray rips that appear weeks before their sale in stores?
Surely that's someone involved at the movie company dvd manufactors
or am I way off? Phone Post

No you not way off that happens ^^ also different countries have different release dates some blu rays come out in China or Europe before the US or vice versa and then get uploaded

So no one makes money off of it? Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - So no one makes money off of it? Phone Post 3.0

The site does through ads. Phone Post

Chomas - 

Not sure but they are heroes. Phone Post

this

I always wondered about the people who stream movies and tv shows 24/7 on Justin.tv. Why? Phone Post 3.0

"warez" groups are historically groups of young tech savvyy people who RIP all new medias coming out.

They usually have contacts in distribution companies and are able to get their hands on movies/music/etc before it hit the shelves.

Some groups record everything on TV or focus on part of it and release the material on the internet and offer it via bittorrent.

And when the TV series comes out on BluRay and DVD, it is RE-Ripped and repackaged and released as well.

Groups usually have "Headquarters" (usually large FTP sites with excellent connectivity (gigabit) and upload all their content on there.

Then "runners" will download from the FTP site and upload it to "repositories" (often people will pay for 0 day content)

And runners also upload the releases to various torrent sites and seed it until the torrent site take over the seeding.

People with access to those "headquarters" often release content on Usenet as well, where you can find even more content than bittorrent.

You can often find applications on IRC as well, usually groups hang on IRC and you can download their releases there.

That's how it used to work and still works, but torrent is definitely the prefered sharing method these days.

ttt