Who wins this giant's of MMA tournament?

8 man tournament plus alternate, Pride rules plus elbows, in a ring

Hong man Choi vs Semmy Schilt

Stephan Struve vs Giant Silva

Tim Sylvia vs Travis Browne

Wes Sims vs Gan McGee

Alternate fight:
Sean McCorkle vs Paul Varelans

7 Likes

Semmy

4 Likes

Get rid of Giant Silva and enter prime ATT and Gotch trained Andre the Giant to the field.

5 Likes

There’s alot of if that weren’t specified on OP. If is a one day tournament the heavier puncher will be the favorite, in that case i see prime Travis Rousey be the winner.

Get rid of Varelans and put prime Bob Sapp in there. I know people don’t like what he became but prime Bob Sapp was dangerous.

4 Likes

if all are prime, my vote is to Semmy

5 Likes

How about you make your own thread :rofl::rofl::rofl:. But i do agree with you and at the same time understand that if Bob were a choice on OP there wouldn’t be too much to debate

2 Likes

Semmy. By the end of his MMA career he was a force and was a farcry from the skinny pancrase version of Semmy. Striking above everyone else and filled out his frame making his takedown defense better than it was. Tim Sylvia in his Prime vs Him would have been a good battle of the giants.

5 Likes

I like how you state Semmy was at his best when he retired instead of claiming he was in his prime.

2 Likes

I didn’t put him in because he’s only like 6’4. 6’7 and above only here

1 Like

Didnt Choi win by decision in k1? Curious how that would look in mma.

CroCop obliterated Hunt in K1 but lost in mma lol

if the tournament featured one round 3-minute fights, id put my money on McCorckle.

2 Likes

Yeah he won a close decision against Semmy that if I remember could have gone either way. Been a long time so could be off but I think that’s how it was. Semmy had a crazy and strong schedule in K-1 and everyone he lost to he could beat as well. Guys like Badr, Aerts, Choi. He was more successful than all of the guys he lost to and beat most too save for Aerts accolades.

His career arc was very unique and way different than anyone else. As far as MMA goes he ended as he was peaking when he was turning into a K1 Champion. He had a lot of losses early on as the skinny pancrase guy but he ended his Kickboxing Career on a 14-1 run and his MMA Career only losing to Top 5 HWs and giving them good fights especially when he was a 2 sport fighter.

2 Likes

No Bob Sapp?

Only 6’4. Get his short ass out of here

Prime Timmay should not be underestimated

4 Likes

1 Like

Where’s Volkov? He would wipe the floor with these guys.

1 Like

I was gonna put him in but ran out of people to make a 16 man tournament. I think Schilt or Choi kick his head off

6’8 AFC 32-man bare knuckle NHB tournament champion Ricardo Morais would also like to enter this tournament.

Won five bare knuckle NHB fights in a single day. Tapped Illoukhine in the finals after Illoukhine made it to the finals by tapping Igor with a chin to the eye. Earlier Igor beat Adilson Lima, twice.

Its like, just because Coleman and Aleks beat him in PRIDE people forget that was a tough dude right there.

4 Likes