Who wins this giant's of MMA tournament?

So you put in some scrubs instead? Volkov is the most accomplished “giant” in the entire sport.

1 Like

I remember Alex E having a win over this dude but don’t remember him being that tall lol

Dude only beats people on their way out and loses to guys like Derrick Lewis. He’s the Brendon Schaub of today.

Prime Semmy wins imo. I know he struggled against Hong but I think he beats everyone in his prime

Big Wes wipes the floor with them

Other than that I’d say most of those guys are shit for grappling so Semmy is going to be a favorite. Other than those two, Tim and Travis would be my dark horses.

Good thread.

I don’t have a strong opinion on this one right now, other than Semmy probably the favorite.
Also, he might be the greatest kickboxer ever.

I also agree with whoever said Tim Sylvia is underrated.

On a side note, it’s hilarious to me when people make posts to discredit Fedor, and in doing so use Hong Man Choi as an example of a “can”!

Sheesh…

2 Likes

Honestly, I think Tim Sylvia is the most complete MMA fighter listed. Best team as well.

2 Likes

if we are thunking of 8 more, throw akebono in. wasnt good but he should be included for the freak show element that this sport was born and raised on.

He beat Gan McGee but also gets hit and dropped a lot.

Yeah if had more time I would have added more but it was hard to find this many tall guys lol

1 Like

Who exactly did Schilt or Choi beat? Or any of the other scrubs you mentioned? Schilt loses to guys like Satoshi Hasegawa.

Volkov resume:
Werdum
Overeem
Rozenstruik
Romanov
Tybura
Ivanov
Struve

1 Like

Sims by getting taken down and then flipping the top guy off very creatively when he can point the bird at opponent. Does that make sense? Dam wish their was a gif of that against Mir. Anyone remember that? That guy was something else.

3 Likes

We can make this a 16 man. Not mentioned yet, but toss in Montana Silva, Nathan Jones, Koji Kitao, Kim Young-hyun, Nikolay Valuev. I’m just thinking of any tall mofo with combat sports experience.

All on their way out the door except for rosenstruk which is a major who gives a fuck

Wes

1 Like

Ivanov got into the UFC after Volkov beat him. Tybura was in the best streak of his career.

Again, who the fuck has Schilt or Choi beaten? They accomplished nothing in the sport of MMA.

I don’t give a fuck about those uninteresting fighters at the end of the day. The thread has who it has, pick a winner or don’t.

I think Choi is a lot more dangerous than his record shows, especially against other lumbering lurch ass fighters. Schilt actually would be more dangerous after he left mma as he got bigger and he got better at kick boxing.

Maybe Browne or one of them gets it to the mat but Browne is a weirdo ass fighter. Sylvia beat Gan but I could see him getting blasted by Schilt or Choi because he does that lazy lead kick and lazy pawing jab like he’s not slower than actual molasses.

I also matched everybody up stylistically and size wise

This whole theoretical tournament is composed of strikers, and Shilt in his prime was simply much more accomplished. I don’t see anybody on this list as having a realistic chance. McCorkle would be my dark horse by having a top ground game.