Vs
Gerard Gourdeau

Right bracket:
Kimo Leopaldo
Vs
Remco Parduel

Harold Howard
Vs
Guy Mezger (making UFC debut w/ long hair)

Alternate fight:
Jason DeLucia
Vs
Orlando Weit

Who wins it? Phone Post

Here's what I have:

Jennum>Hackney in a crazy back and forth war. Jennum by sub

Gordeau>Smith I think Gordeau had the better standup.

Kimo>Remco I'm still haunted by Remco's tap vs Marco Ruas. I think Remco dominates, but Kimo eventually muscles his way into a dominant position and Remco taps.

Mezger>Howard. Howard puts up a solid fight, but Mezger looked pretty well rounded in his first fight. Howard ends up tapping in some new and creative manner.

Weit>DeLucia in an exciting fight

Gordeau>Jennum I think Gordeau was too big and too mean.

Mezger>Kimo tough one to call. I think Kimo takes it if fresh, but I think Mezger has the easier first round and wins.

Gordeau>Mezger. The eye poking, biting bastard takes it I think. Phone Post

Ufc 4 is won by Royce he fights Severn in the final. Phone Post 3.0

I have Smith over Hackney, Guy over Smith.

Guy Mez, for the win

Jennum over hackney, Gordeau over Pat in any fight that goes past the first minute... Smith always folded when he couldn't overwhelm early... REmco over Kimo circa Ufc 4, later maybe different. Mezger beats Howard. Dlucia beats Weidt.

I have Mezger winning the whole thing, edging out a winded Jennum.

MrColdCock - 

Here's what I have:

Jennum>Hackney in a crazy back and forth war. Jennum by sub

Gordeau>Smith I think Gordeau had the better standup.

Kimo>Remco I'm still haunted by Remco's tap vs Marco Ruas. I think Remco dominates, but Kimo eventually muscles his way into a dominant position and Remco taps.

Mezger>Howard. Howard puts up a solid fight, but Mezger looked pretty well rounded in his first fight. Howard ends up tapping in some new and creative manner.

Gordeau>Jennum I think Gordeau was too big and too mean.

Mezger>Kimo tough one to call. I think Kimo takes it if fresh, but I think Mezger has the easier first round and wins.

Gordeau>Mezger. The eye poking, biting bastard takes it I think. Phone Post

I agree with a lot of this and its well broken down, but I think its KIMO v Mezger in the final and Guy wins.

I got Metzger beating Smith in the finals. Phone Post 3.0

countsavage - Ufc 4 is won by Royce he fights Severn in the final. Phone Post 3.0
Good one Phone Post 3.0

Awesome tourney.  Would've loved to see it.

As a great man once said "If you're coming on, COME ON!" Of course Howard wins, how could it be any other way?

Most importantly, is it still in 1990's Tul$a? Phone Post 3.0

CLINTK9 - Jennum>Hackney in a crazy back and forth war. Jennum by sub

Smith>Gordeau I think Smith had the better standup.

Remco>Kimo I think Remco subs the young Kimo here.

Howard>Mezger. Howard gets the KO with some nice bare knuckle shots. Ken gets mad and says he wants a piece of Howard.

Smith>Jennum Smith was too tough and to big for Jennum. Brutal GnP finish.

Remco>Howard Remco gets him down and gets a decnt sub in.

Remco/Smith depends on who's more tired, but I give the edge to Remco due to subs.

For the record, I dont feel Mezger would even come close to winning this at the time of ufc4. MAYBE the Mezger of pride could have, but he was young and his mentor Ken couldnt even win these tourney's back then. I also dont feel any of these guys are as good as Ruas, who Remco basically gave up to.
I agree and disagree here. Mezger was a dangerous guy even in his early days, but I agree that Ruas would take it because he was so well rounded. Ruas vs Mezger in the final, Marco by eventual sub. Phone Post 3.0

I have Gordeau over Hackney. Mezger over Remco. Mezger over Gordeau in a bloodbath.

I think I'd lean towards Weidt over DeLucia at that point in time but that's the toughest call for me. Would've been a fantastic fight to watch!

CLINTK9 - I always wanted to see what I called the UFC: Second Chance Tourney!

the 8 best guys from the early 8-man tourney days that never won.

Tank
Pat Smith
Gordeau
Kimo
Goodridge
Beneteau
Hackney
Howard

I would've enjoyed the shit out of that! Tank is the wildcard for me, if it's the 'taking it seriously this time' Tank I think he can win this, if it's the 'every other fight - I think he might be drunk' Tank then I think Gordeau probably takes it by attrition.

The wild card for me here is Beneteau in that I think he was the best grappler in the group at the time. Also Big Daddy had the tools to beat those guys too depending on how the brackets are set up.

Fun list!

CLINTK9 - Jennum>Hackney in a crazy back and forth war. Jennum by sub

Smith>Gordeau I think Smith had the better standup.

Remco>Kimo I think Remco subs the young Kimo here.

Howard>Mezger. Howard gets the KO with some nice bare knuckle shots. Ken gets mad and says he wants a piece of Howard.

Smith>Jennum Smith was too tough and to big for Jennum. Brutal GnP finish.

Remco>Howard Remco gets him down and gets a decnt sub in.

Remco/Smith depends on who's more tired, but I give the edge to Remco due to subs.

For the record, I dont feel Mezger would even come close to winning this at the time of ufc4. MAYBE the Mezger of pride could have, but he was young and his mentor Ken couldnt even win these tourney's back then. I also dont feel any of these guys are as good as Ruas, who Remco basically gave up to.

Awesome post. You disagreed with just about all my picks though :)

I think Smith vs Gordeau had the potential for an absolutely ridiculous fight. Phone Post

Tank
Pat Smith
Gordeau
Kimo
Goodridge
Beneteau
Hackney
Howard

I'd pay good money to see this, even today! However, to maximize excitement, I'd replace Beneteau with a striker more like the rest of the participants. How about Ferrozo?

In!

QTyp -

Tank
Pat Smith
Gordeau
Kimo
Goodridge
Beneteau
Hackney
Howard

I'd pay good money to see this, even today! However, to maximize excitement, I'd replace Beneteau with a striker more like the rest of the participants. How about Ferrozo?
Yeah. Or maybe marco ruas....

WAR KING OF THE STREETS!!!! WAAAARRRRR Phone Post 3.0

King Trav -
QTyp -

Tank
Pat Smith
Gordeau
Kimo
Goodridge
Beneteau
Hackney
Howard

Yeah. Or maybe marco ruas....

WAR KING OF THE STREETS!!!! WAAAARRRRR Phone Post 3.0
P.S. Big Daddy wins that tourney!! Tank vs Goodridge for the finals...Gary by KO!!! Phone Post 3.0

TTT