Who won? My Jiu Jitsu match from weekend

My nogi jiu jitsu match from the weekend. Who would you give it to? At first I thought I should have been given it for being strong on top and being active enough at the start, I also thought my opponent was stalling on the bottom. Alas the ref called me for stalling. But I've watched it a couple more times and I'm not so sure. What do you guys think?

Didn't watch but I think the other guy won Phone Post 3.0

Stalling yes I can see that.

Who won let me ask u this I didn't see an advantage for you putting him in half and I didn't see an advantage for you "passing" and him going to turtle and them reguard.

He got an adv for sub attempt. So I guess he won?

I'm not sure I could possibly see u being given 2 advantages but then u got the penalty too. The advantage to 1/2 is questionable but if it was 1-1 advantages u still would have lost for penalty. Phone Post 3.0

BJJBuster - Stalling yes I can see that.

Who won let me ask u this I didn't see an advantage for you putting him in half and I didn't see an advantage for you "passing" and him going to turtle and them reguard.

He got an adv for sub attempt. So I guess he won?

I'm not sure I could possibly see u being given 2 advantages but then u got the penalty too. The advantage to 1/2 is questionable but if it was 1-1 advantages u still would have lost for penalty. Phone Post 3.0

I believe I got called for stalling twice, at least I dont think he got an advantage for a sub attempt.  So I guess it ended 0-0 with me -2 for stalling.  He was declared the winner.  I was a heavy under dog going into this match, so some people say I should consider it a moral victory.  But still it was a tough pill to swallow.

BTW I voted you up for your comment BJJBuster, thanks!

Thanks back at you Phone Post 3.0

I'll watch it again bit I believe at end of match ref put his arm out awarding an advantage for the omoplqta attempt. That's the only thing I saw the ref award other than your penalty which is why he won.

I believe you should have gotten an advantage for pass to turtle, possibly 1/2 guard. Was this IBJJF rules Phone Post 3.0

What division was this match in? Phone Post 3.0

Beezer - What division was this match in? Phone Post 3.0

It was an invitational tournament.  I'm a purple belt and my opponent was a brown belt.

BJJBuster - I'll watch it again bit I believe at end of match ref put his arm out awarding an advantage for the omoplqta attempt. That's the only thing I saw the ref award other than your penalty which is why he won.

I believe you should have gotten an advantage for pass to turtle, possibly 1/2 guard. Was this IBJJF rules Phone Post 3.0

Yeah it was under ibjjf rules.  My biggest problem is I don't really know the rules.  I usually don't concern myself with points and just finish the guy by sub or lose by points.  But at the upper belts if I want to be successful I suppose I'll have to play my game around the point scheme.

Guy on bottom won. Player on top was winning until he got in the closed guard and refused to try and pass. Once he realized he was losing he got aggressive. Too little, too late.

redenstein - Guy on bottom won. Player on top was winning until he got in the closed guard and refused to try and pass. Once he realized he was losing he got aggressive. Too little, too late.

Thanks VU!  Yeah I kinda just froze going into the tournament I wasn't sure if I could hang at that level, it took me out of my game.  I'm known for my aggressive submission game, I'm kinda like a Dustin Hazelette, lanky guard guy.  I just didn't feel comfortable with my closed guard passing.

While you guys are at it...who do you think won this match?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq2Wds_3ICg

those grappling pants tell me everything i need to know about you.

ChaelAbusedAgainbyBBC - those grappling pants tell me everything i need to know about you.

Grappling pants?  They are called spats.. Do you even trane bro?

Judging from your responses to this thread I'd say you have bigger things to worry about than the outcome of this one match.

Thanks to this competition, you now have exposed major holes in your game for you to work on. Also from reading your comments I am confident that you need to compete more.

If your skills were only a LITTLE bit better, you used the proper strategy, and you adopted the proper mindset you could have won that match comfortably.

Now stop making up excuses for the loss because he wears a different color piece of cloth to hold his gi closed and watch Pablo's DVD on passing the closed guard no-gi or something.

If you meet that guy on the mats again in a month you can beat him.

Nobody wins a snorefest like this. Both combatants were playing it safe and as a result nobody won (even if technically the bottom player got an "advantage").

top guy needed some posture...and to control the opponents legs a bit to set up passes...i didnt see any pass attempts...few more competitions to build up that confidence and youll slaughter stally mc playguard.