Who would Brock have to beat???

So, Fedors in Strikeforce. That means the probability of Lesnar/Fedor fighting anytime soon is highly unlikely.

Fedor is the best heavyweight fighter in the world right now, ranked number one by everyone.

With Barnett essentially a non factor in the rankings right now, Brock is number 2.

Now, let's be honest. While there are good matchups in Strikeforce for Fedor, considering the roster they have right now, there aren't as many as there are in the UFC. Where as Lesnar, even though he can't fight Fedor, can pretty much clean out a good portion of the top ten, assuming he keeps winning.

So, counting his wins over Couture, Mir, and Herring.......does the UFC have the roster depth right now for Brock to beat enough opponents to move ahead of Fedor in the CURRENT Heavyweight rankings??

CURRENT is the key point here. Historically it's going to take A LOT for anyone to ever top Fedor, it may never happen....

But taking Strikeforces's roster vs. The UFC's roster, and assuming both guys keep winning, is there a list of guys that Brock could theoretically beat that would put him ahead of Fedor in the CURRENT HW rankings??

It's a good question, because you generally aren't the man until you beat the man.

I would think with a win over Big Nog (although with recent results, this is less impressive), Carwin, and Velasquez, you could make a point.

Still, I'd rather just have him fight Fedor and be done with speculation grumble grumble

Brock and Fedor will be tied for number one as the unbeatable masters of their particular promotions. 

They are as Stone Cold Steve Austin and Goldberg.

A win over nog would be hard to watch. Lesnar would destroy a legend. Mir is less brittle looking now than Nog is, and that was hard to watch. Nog would retire after all that damage.

If he beats Carwin Velasquez winner , then Gonzaga, Lesnar should be ranked "Current " #1 hw if Fedor just fights cans in Strikeforce for the next 3 fights

Squared Circle - Brock and Fedor will be tied for number one as the unbeatable masters of their particular promotions. 

They are as Stone Cold Steve Austin and Goldberg.

I think that's what we're all afraid of.

Smells like MMA versions of the age old question.

Ali or Tyson.

This debate will go on for years, and most probably never be settled in a ring/cage.

I honestly haven't figured this out yet for myself whether I think there are or not I'm looking for opinions.

Its gonna be tough because, even tho there are MORE guys in the UFC there still isnt anyone who actually beat Fedor for Lesner to beat. Were as UFC former champs have takin there shot at Fedor and lost... which only makes it harder for Lesner in the rankings

Until Fedor loses, or Brock actually fights him and wins, the best Brock can ever achieve is #2