Whoa what happened to Roy Harris and MIke Jen

I know the forums recently got reorganized, but didn't they used to both have their own sub forums?

They both stopped posting regularly years ago. Harris was nice but very inconsistent. Jen often came across like a dick so I think people lost interest. Phone Post

I miss Roy. He had great things to share and wonderful stories, too.

Oh crap, did we lose Chris Brennan's forum as well?
What happened to all the threads? There were two threads from Chris that I liked, one was on weight cutting and the other was about some of his street fights he had

Too bad, he is a great teacher Phone Post 3.0

He still posts on his blog so I dont think thats true. He has a seminar coming up shortly

JoejitsuMD - They both stopped posting regularly years ago. Harris was nice but very inconsistent. Jen often came across like a dick so I think people lost interest. Phone Post
Bummer about that. When it comes to escapes and the fundamentals of smash passing Mike is very underrated in the subject. Maybe because he seems so serious all the time that when he jokes around people can't differentiate if serious or not, then he just gets passed off as a dick. He really is a good guy. Phone Post 3.0

Jen did cover a lot of advanced side control escapes that he learned from his instructor Joe Moreira (who apparently is very hard to hold down) over 10-15 years ago.

Never really saw anybody using that style of escapes until Garcia started using it a few years ago. Guess Joe and him were a bit ahead of their time in that regard. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah Jen's pin escapes material is great. Phone Post

Roy Harris is using my gym for a seminar next weekend.

mike jen is teaching publicly again at smash gym in san jose. mike had some great instructional videos.

They both shared a LOT of great jiu-jitsu information for free on this site.