Who's Betting on Conor McGregor

I am a big Aldo fan & a bigger McGregor fan. I also run the Twitter page @UFCBet where I post my bets. I am betting €8000 on McGregor to win €18000

Reasons:

1) Reach. Conor has excellent use of distance and range. Siver couldn't get near him, and neither could Holloway. While Aldo is better than both, I think he will stay out of Aldo's range (yes including Aldo's famous leg kicks) and pump a piston straight left into Aldo's face every time Aldo tries to move forward.

2) KO Power. McGregor hits harder than any featherweight. Finishes almost every fight - only 1 he didn't finish in the UFC was a fight where he completely destroyed his knee, & still dominated a good fighter in Max Holloway

3) Endurance. McGregor trains more hours than any UFC athlete. He wakes up, goes to the gym, and trains from approx midday until after 10pm everyday. He puts in serious work.

4) Training Partners. Conor's main training partners are Cathal Pendred and Gunnar Nelson. While Pendred is god awful on the feet, he is actually one of the pound for pound strongest UFC fighters. Conor has to deal with his size and strength advantage daily. Gunnar is in the top 5 BJJ fighters in the UFC and he and Conor go at it daily. Conor is pushed hard by these two - a super strong welterweight and a BJJ expert welterweight.

5) Aldo underestimates Conor. Or at least he appears to. Conor's guard pass to mount against Siver was as smooth and slick as you will see. Conor has beaten a Gracie in BJJ. While I am not suggesting Conor's BJJ is as good as Aldo's, I think his size and strength advantage and the fact Aldo underestimates Conor's ground game means that Conor will shock him if it goes to the mat.

6) Conor is an Irish amateur boxing champion. To you that may not sound like a big deal, but Ireland has an extremely strong boxing history with top champions and gyms. To do well you have to be very good. Conor is famous for his flashy kicks, but it's his boxing that usually finishes fights.

Thoughts?

Man..good luck but I could never bet against aldo Phone Post 3.0

Irish amateur boxing champion? Tell me what titles he won? Because he certainly didn't win the seniors and I don't even think the intermediates.

I think it's a 50/50 fight and I'm a Conor fan. Aldo has good reach to. All depends on how Conor deals with the kicks imo. If he keeps up a hectic pace and doesn't let Aldo settle to start with kicks I think he has a serious chance. Phone Post 3.0

I'll be betting on Conor, not as much as you probably chuck a couple hundred on it Phone Post 3.0

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-conor-mcgregor-is-the-future-of-mixed-martial-arts

I'll admit that I am believing other sources regarding Conor's amateur boxing pedigree. Wikipedia says so - it must be true LOL :)

Molumba - I am a big Aldo fan & a bigger McGregor fan. I also run the Twitter page @UFCBet where I post my bets. I am betting €8000 on McGregor to win €18000

Reasons:

1) Reach. Conor has excellent use of distance and range. Siver couldn't get near him, and neither could Holloway. While Aldo is better than both, I think he will stay out of Aldo's range (yes including Aldo's famous leg kicks) and pump a piston straight left into Aldo's face every time Aldo tries to move forward.

2) KO Power. McGregor hits harder than any featherweight. Finishes almost every fight - only 1 he didn't finish in the UFC was a fight where he completely destroyed his knee, & still dominated a good fighter in Max Holloway

3) Endurance. McGregor trains more hours than any UFC athlete. He wakes up, goes to the gym, and trains from approx midday until after 10pm everyday. He puts in serious work.

4) Training Partners. Conor's main training partners are Cathal Pendred and Gunnar Nelson. While Pendred is god awful on the feet, he is actually one of the pound for pound strongest UFC fighters. Conor has to deal with his size and strength advantage daily. Gunnar is in the top 5 BJJ fighters in the UFC and he and Conor go at it daily. Conor is pushed hard by these two - a super strong welterweight and a BJJ expert welterweight.

5) Aldo underestimates Conor. Or at least he appears to. Conor's guard pass to mount against Siver was as smooth and slick as you will see. Conor has beaten a Gracie in BJJ. While I am not suggesting Conor's BJJ is as good as Aldo's, I think his size and strength advantage and the fact Aldo underestimates Conor's ground game means that Conor will shock him if it goes to the mat.

6) Conor is an Irish amateur boxing champion. To you that may not sound like a big deal, but Ireland has an extremely strong boxing history with top champions and gyms. To do well you have to be very good. Conor is famous for his flashy kicks, but it's his boxing that usually finishes fights.

Thoughts?
I agree with all of your points. Phone Post 3.0

Conor has never fought a fighter of Jose's caliber. I think Frankie would've embarrassed Conor, had he been given the chance. It's gonna be interesting either way. Cant wait!

Molumba - http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-conor-mcgregor-is-the-future-of-mixed-martial-arts

I'll admit that I am believing other sources regarding Conor's amateur boxing pedigree. Wikipedia says so - it must be true LOL :)
I read that he was an amateur boxing champion for what is the equivalent for the golden gloves in Ireland. Whatever the name of that title is, conor won it. Phone Post 3.0

The 2 most impressive fights to date, IMO, are the brimmage and Poirier fights.

Against brimmage we got to see exceptional striking.....those upper cut combos while moving backward were absolutely gorgeous. I really like what hes doing and, in fact, am going to start adding it to my game. Using the rear power hand like he does is extremely effective. Straight lefts and power uppercuts are awesome.

The Poirier fight because of all the hype going in and Poirier status as a top 5 FW and Conor put on a show. This was thw turning point for me. I didn't like him before that fight but you have to respect what he did. That was amazing. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgruCygfVew

Conor McGregor's Coach John Kavanagh talks about a lot of things after the Siver fight. Most noticeably, he discusses Conor's Wrestling coaching. Phone Post 3.0

The Sultan -
Molumba - http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-conor-mcgregor-is-the-future-of-mixed-martial-arts

I read that he was an amateur boxing champion for what is the equivalent for the golden gloves in Ireland. Whatever the name of that title is, conor won it. Phone Post 3.0
Nope Phone Post 3.0

Very interesting articles on the writers perceived regression of Conor McGregor's approach to fights. He feels that because McGregor hits so hard compared to the other featherweights, he is not counterpunching as effectively as he was before entering the UFC. He is "Falling in love with his own power" like George Foreman, according to the writer. I am not sure if I agree, but it is a very interesting read!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/16/7555985/conor-mcgregor-george-foreman-siver-ufc-boston-punchers-path-mma-technique-boxing-gif-poirier-lyle

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/20/7855609/conor-mcgregor-puncher-path-siver-ufc-boston-aldo-brawler-mma-technique-power-post-script Phone Post 3.0

8000? Phone Post 3.0

Mercenary Tao -
The Sultan -

Nope Phone Post 3.0
His wiki says he is an Irish National Boxing Champion.

What information do you have to refute that ? Phone Post 3.0

Better bet now if you believe that Conor will win, Those betting lines will change fast Phone Post 3.0

I've got 20 pesos on the Irishman to win. Phone Post 3.0

The Sultan -
Mercenary Tao -
The Sultan -

Nope Phone Post 3.0

Also on his ufc profile conor himself says hes an amateur boxing champion too.

He didnt name the org or title but i find it hard to believe that he would outright lie about something so easily verified.

Where are you getting your information? Did you train in Ireland? Are you a boxing champion? Boxing enthusiast?

Why is what you say to be taken more heavily than what conor says?

Not for nothing, he has the skills to be a champion so its not so far fetched imo. He has awesome technique, a huge chin, tenacity and clinical striking. Ive also heard former boxing greats talk about conor and they say that they are glad they didnt have to fight conor. So again i ask, what information do you have to refute it? Phone Post 3.0

The Sultan -
Mercenary Tao -
The Sultan -

Nope Phone Post 3.0

I'm from Ireland and follow amateur boxing here closely. I know that he didn't win the highest amateur boxing title in Ireland. Phone Post 3.0

The Sultan -
The Sultan -
Mercenary Tao -
The Sultan -

Nope Phone Post 3.0

He didnt name the org or title but i find it hard to believe that he would outright lie about something so easily verified.

Where are you getting your information? Did you train in Ireland? Are you a boxing champion? Boxing enthusiast?

Not for nothing, he has the skills to be a champion so its not so far fetched imo. He has awesome technique, a huge chin, tenacity and clinical striking. Ive also heard former boxing greats talk about conor and they say that they are glad they didnt have to fight conor. So again i ask, what information do you have to refute it? Phone Post 3.0
Would golden gloves be the highest amateur title in the state? Phone Post 3.0

Mercenary Tao -
The Sultan -
The Sultan -
Mercenary Tao -
The Sultan -

Nope Phone Post 3.0

Would golden gloves be the highest amateur title in the state? Phone Post 3.0
I believe golden gloves has regional champions and then they all compete for a supreme champion.

If a boxer says "im a golden gloves champion" then you know hes legit. As an amateur its one of the best titles you could earn.

What competitions has McGregor participated in as a boxer? Phone Post 3.0