Who's next for Sherk ?

Just curious who you guys think should be the #1 contender for the light heavyweight title. I'm going with spencer fisher due to his string of wins.

What say you?

Hermes Franca

Hermes will beat Spencer and then get his shot at the belt.

Not sure who to pick in that one, but I'm leaning towards Hermes.

I actually forgot about Hermes. I think his takedowns give him the edge just because spencer himself admitted that his wrestling isn't that great.

Hermes' teammate, Kurt Pellegrino, is just a fight away from being a top contender. I think Kurt beats Spencer also.

I think Joe Stevenson's done more to warrant a title contender's opportunity than Fisher, but Fisher/Franca is a solid enough fight to determine a contender. Don't see either of them beating Sherk personally though.

Stevenson vs. Pellegrino would be good.

"I think Joe Stevenson's done more to warrant a title contender's opportunity than Fisher, but Fisher/Franca is a solid enough fight to determine a contender. Don't see either of them beating Sherk personally though."

Sherk style and build does make him a bad match up for a lot of people. His body is so compact and ripped that it gives him a really low center of gravity that help make his takedowns really hard to defend against.

pellegrino or franca WILL be getting the title shot this year!! hermes will beat spencer, and kurt's next fight on march 3rd will make the picture look a bit clearer...fabes that WOULD be a good fight ;)

either way the Armory boys will have a great 2007!!

kneeblock, Kurt fought Junior Assuncao at 155 in UFC.

And Melissa, I agree.

Should be a great year for Team Armory.

I think with GSP hurt and that mandatory title match off for awhile, Serra should be given the first shot at the 155 title which would be a more competitive fight.

Hermes