Who's the worst 'active' ref!?

IMO I think that Steve Mazzagotti is the worst active ref. He makes me miss Big John a ton and I pray that every title match is not ref'd by him.Most of the recent controversial matches have been ref'd by him.What do you guys think?

Cecil Peoples (ref and judge)

I was waiting for that one...LOL

People complaining alone does not equal legit controversy. Mazagatti is an excellent ref 

herb " richard steele " dean

I agree, I think Maz isn't bad at all.

Cecil Peoples for sure. Mazagatti has made some questionable calls lately, but that shit happens. He is one of the most knowledgable, experienced guys for the job, imo.

What ever happened to Landless?

SOme of the last fights that have been deemed controversial have been ref'd by Steve....so it has nothing to do on whether we like him personally or not.

Whether I agree with his calls or not...alot of his recent matches have had some air of controversy...look at the ones at the last UFC fight night....the WEC fights, and even the UFC pay-per-view with Lesnar.

Once again, I'm not saying that I disagree with his calls...just saying that there is a higher chance of controversy when he ref's....which in my opinion causes me to say that he is the worst 'active' ref.

On another note....I do like the new influx of ref's ...so far I think that they have done a great job. Mario is my current favorite.

SagivLapkin - 
fightmagjohnny - IMO I think that Steve Mazzagotti is the worst active ref. He makes me miss Big John a ton and I pray that every title match is not ref'd by him.Most of the recent controversial matches have been ref'd by him.What do you guys think?

You better respect the Mustache motherfucker.

That's hilarious!! He shaved it off though. Did you see our latest article on the power of the 'FRYE'stache?

Eh'... They all seem to make decisions that make me scratch my head, then they make a great decision in the very next fight.

It's a hard job to have, so I hate to blame referees for anything. As a ref, the fighter's health should be your first concern; so that doesn't always go along well with the fans' entertainment.

Tough sport to officiate.

So do they have to currently have the STACHE or have been known to rock one.

If so, Don Frye is defintely up there....Magnum PI of course...Mazzagottie....Mario (Nintendo)

Mazzagotti rocks. Here he is, average looking mustache guy, surrounded by cage fighters in the middle of an arena, and yet before each fight he always has a look on his face like "Yeah, I am the coolest mother fucker in dis joint"

and Cecil is the worst I would say

Creeplyn -  Johnny!!!!!!!!!!!!  You finally made it=)  Cecil....hands down.

I love the changes they made...so I am back on!