Who's your favorite "average" fighter

J_Swift - Sam Stout, Chris Lytle, Pat Berry Phone Post

Barry* Phone Post

I hope I'm not being a dick by saying the UG's Joe Lauzon and the Filthy Mauler. They are two of my favorite fighters and I hope they continue to improve and rise in the rankings, but for now, I think they fit within the OP's parameters.

Of all time?  Genki Sudo, Chris Lytle, Nate Quarry

Pat Curran Phone Post

Jeff Ford

HD is up there for me cuz of the shit that he does.

wilson gouvia

ed herman

Marcus Davis
Spencer Fisher
Stephan Bonnar
Chris Lytle
Tim Boetsch

Chimonos Revenge - Marcus Davis

Spencer Fisher

Stephan Bonnar

Chris Lytle

Tim Boetsch
No Dan Henderson?

Imanari cuz of the awesome leg locks.

Lytle
Lawler
Sobral
Huerta

By average i'm assuming like most that is average within top level pros.

Not average within anyone who has ever had a fight or within the middle 2billion people on earth or some other bullshit. Phone Post

people consider Babalu average? hes always been a favorite fighter of mine. I dont see how he's average?

in fact im not sure how anyone mentioned is average? if your in a top level organization, you must be doing something above average?

Manhoeff, I challenge any1 to dislike that guy Phone Post

Joe Lauzon. But I honestly think he still has huge potential to grow in the sport and have him pegged to upset Melvin.

Now that Lytle is retired, that's the name that I see on a card and am excited. Phone Post

GnarlyPersian: I think your misunderstanding what I ment when I created the thread and that's my bad. When I say "average" I dont mean average to the rest of humanity. Obviously what any of the people named on this thread have done with their career's is far beyond "average". What I was trying to entail was "average" for a UFC fighter. Anderson silva is far superior to "average" while Art Jimmerson can be considered below average. By average I'm talking all the guys inbetween those two. Someone who's never been champion and most likely never will be, but always exciting to watch. Sorry for any confusion.

has anyone mentioned Minowaman yet?!?!

Jason MacDonald hands down. The Athlete is one of my favorite fighters period. He's just a humble dude, who usually puts on exciting fights.

Matt Brown is also another guy on that list...Crazy fun to watch

Always a Jason Macdonald fan. It was hard to watch him look completely out of it against Belcher. Has had a series of big setbacks but always pushes forward and I respect the hell out of that.

Scott Smith is another one. Probably one of the most exciting guys to watch just because he always has that crazy punchers chance, but unfortunately that means he is usually eating way more shots than he should.

Also Jorge Gurgel. Even when he's forsaking his BJJ and just fighting standup it's hard not to root for the guy. It seems like he's finally realized that he needs to combine his awesome BJJ with his standup to win fights, rather than just stand in the center and swing... I hope anyway.

Another Macdonald fan here and glad to see others mentioning him. I still remember him as the TUF killer haha.

Props to Houston Alexander too. Phone Post