Who's your favorite Director/ Writer?

I like me some Guillermo Del Toro. (Would love to see him on JRE)
Quentin Tarantino (also needs to be on JRE)
The Cohen Brothers Phone Post 3.0

David Fincher, Matthew Vaughan, Darren Arronofsky, QT, Doug Liman, and Christopher Nolan are my favorites. They're all very good but they don't have the bodies of work that the GOATS have.

Sadly, they don't make 'em like this anymore:

Guy Ritchie Phone Post 3.0

Paul Thomas Anderson

Was Ridley Scott, but Ridley's sure made that a questionable decision as of late. Guess I'm settling for Terry Gilliam.

Wes Anderson
Farrelly Bros
Todd Phillips Phone Post 3.0

Kubrick
Nolan
PT Anderson
Malick
Aronofsky Phone Post 3.0

Best right now is probably Jeff Nichols. Walter Hill is someone that hasn't been mentioned yet. His writing credits are even more impressive than his directing credits. Phone Post 3.0

Bert Macklin - Kubrick
Nolan
PT Anderson
Malick
Aronofsky Phone Post 3.0

VTFU! Mine is similar...

Stanley Kubrick
Paul Thomas Anderson
Martin Scorsese
Terrence Malick
Quentin Tarantino

Simen - Best right now is probably Jeff Nichols. Walter Hill is someone that hasn't been mentioned yet. His writing credits are even more impressive than his directing credits. Phone Post 3.0

Would VTFU if I had a blue. Jeff Nichols is my favorite young director. Mud & Take Shelter were amazing...still on the hunt for a copy of Shotgun Stories.

#1 Kubrick

Favorites just like you said Tarantino and the Coen Brothers. Mel Brooks for comedies.

Also a special mention to JOHN CARPENTER, if thread title was favorite Director/Writer/Composer then he wins but there aren't as many.

James cameron, john mctiernan and micheal bay

I really like the writing team of alex kurtsman and robert orci Phone Post 3.0

What everybody said plus Michael Mann. Heat was amazing. Red Belt was good. Collateral was good. I need to re-watch Public Enemies. I really like the tempo of his films, even though they can get a little snoozy. Phone Post 3.0

Sam Peckinpah was the total package

miyazaki, kubrick

ABEL FUCKING FERRARA

David Lean. He made great epics on location with the best actors without any CGI-- "The Bridge Over the River Kwai," "Doctor Zhivago," "Lawrence of Arabia," and "A Passage to India." Not something that came out of a computer, and not just a bunch of people sitting around talking in New York, L.A. or London.

Most of my favorites have already been covered, but also a big Robert Rodriguez fan. Phone Post 3.0

Wes Anderson
Peter and Bobby Farrelly
Robert Rodriguez Phone Post 3.0