Why Ali Act won't free Conor to fight Floyd

Floyd is gonna pay for all legal fees and damages, he will still make tons of money, this fight will happen Phone Post 3.0

not real

ErikMagraken -
sevr1 -
ErikMagraken -
newtotheinterweb - From what I've read, because they specify boxing by name in the contracts as prohibited without UFC consent or involvement, it can be interpreted to imply that they have the right and the ability to provide boxing promotion, whether they have previously or intend to do so in the future or not, at their discretion, in regards to their contracted athletes. If a judge were to agree that technically, because McGregor obtained a boxing licence, making him a professional boxer under the act, the UFC were the contracted promoter of a professional boxer, with the ability to promote a boxing match, they are therefore acting in that case as a boxing promotor, that would make them subject to the terms of the Ali act and subsequently void mcgregors contract due to the terms of that contract
That's indeed the potential argument but it is a long shot for a judge to agree that the UFC is a boxing promoter as defined by the statute. On the face of it they don't meet the definition.

Erik, if the UFC copromotes with Mayweather, would that make them an actual boxing promoter, thus, voiding contracts?

I think that would be dangerous territory for Zuffa.

Agreed. Which lends itself to not happening. 

Even if the UFC washes their hands of any promotion, to avoid this possibility, they'd have to get a crazy percentage of what Floyd allowed Conor, to make it worth their allowance of it happening. 

Why is it that everyone is struggling with simple logic and common sense?

For $50 million dollars minimum Conor will pay whatever penalties and tell the UFC to fuck off and take a bath in the 10s of millions leftover. Do you dolts, think that the contract is made of actual, physical shackles?

WTF is the matter with you people? This is fucking obvious to a 15 year old.

newtotheinterweb - From what I've read, because they specify boxing by name in the contracts as prohibited without UFC consent or involvement, it can be interpreted to imply that they have the right and the ability to provide boxing promotion, whether they have previously or intend to do so in the future or not, at their discretion, in regards to their contracted athletes. If a judge were to agree that technically, because McGregor obtained a boxing licence, making him a professional boxer under the act, the UFC were the contracted promoter of a professional boxer, with the ability to promote a boxing match, they are therefore acting in that case as a boxing promotor, that would make them subject to the terms of the Ali act and subsequently void mcgregors contract due to the terms of that contract Phone Post 3.0

This is nonsense. My pro cycling contract specified that I couldn't ride a motorcycle, pay basketball, and could only play soccer during certain months. That didn't magically make my cycling team a soccer promotor.

The BigBadWolf ticket - 
Thacommish -
sagemma - Or Dana and Lorenzo come to a deal with Floyds team and they split revenue. I don't think the idea is for Conor to leave the UFC and get let go from his contract, no one believes that will happen.

The way it might go down is if the UFC is open to the idea of co-promotion, if they are I think it's very possible they come up with a deal. Were talking serious money and we all inow what the UFCs motives are. Phone Post 3.0

Why the hell would you ever decide to split more money with those scum fucks?

Why are they scum fucks? Phone Post 3.0

Because they've helped the fighter make 100 times more money than they could without them, and people think it is automatically cool to hate rich people. Basically, low-selfesteem.