Why Anderson Silva would have beaten Jon Jones

machida

If Silva would have blitzed Jones with punches like Lyoto Machida did, there is a very good chance he could have beaten Jon Jones if they had fought.

4 Likes

Prime Silva beats Jones imo. Jones always fights his opponents style

2 Likes

I would love for this to be true…but Jones frame is just much much bigger than Silvia’s.

DC commented on them not being close to the same size.

Jones would’ve taken him down and won.

Silva always had a chance tho…and in my opinion the more skilled fighter.

8 Likes

I cant remember Anderson ever blitzing with punches.

8 Likes

He doesn’t but he saw Lyoto have success blitzing Jones with punches early on, so he might have tried it.

Lmao, Anderson would have retired before fighting Jones.

4 Likes

Yea lol, we are talking about Anderson Silva not Vitor Belfort, and Jones whooped him too.

2 Likes

Dana White Reveals Why Anderson Silva Never Fought Georges St-Pierre - EssentiallySports.

" Or he could have moved up and catch-weight with Jon Jones. Silva didn’t want to move up and fight Jones, and GSP didn’t want to move up and fight Silva. So none of those fights ever happened.” White said.

White also revealed that there were plans of Silva vs Jones. However, the “Spider” did not want to move weight to take on the then light-heavyweight champion."

Now what SILVA had to say

“This is not something I would like to happen because the times I’ve seen Jon Jones, he’s also mentioned that he would not like to fight. No, I’m not going to fight at 205 again, I fought at 205 to save the event. I fight at 185 pounds. I was just doing this to save the event and put on a show for everybody. After Saturday, my focus will be Georges St-Pierre.” – via MMA.tv

Note that last accidental link in there too. Dana tried hard to make this fight happen. OP’s dad wanted none of it.

Lol@“he said he don’t want to fight”. Not as clearly as GSP has, but what do you say next?

Lol@“185 is my division…I will focus on GSP who said no thanks already”.

Sorry, but your boy just ain’t that guy…

1 Like

Nvm, link I saw in post format isn’t there but a framed article is…neat lol. Anyways it was an article about Dana promising to make Silva fight Jones. They tried. Hard. Silva wanted a WW instead. Or Cung Le or Stephen Bonnar or some shit lol.

Man…imagine if vote downs were still a thing…I’d be so banned already lol.

Silva on his best night like vs Vitor has a great shot at beating Jones. All kinda depends on if Jones wants to scrap or wrestle him down tho.

4 Likes

Jones would’ve ragdolled him.

6 Likes

Jones is much bigger, stronger and technically savvy to avoid the JJ on the ground and to elbow and beat Anderson to a bloody pulp. We know Anderson will be on the bottom with Jones on top. This is where the fight goes and ends. Much like against Gustaffson in their second fight. The way Jones systimatically destroyed Rampage was impressive including Gustaffson. Anderson has zero wrestling. He has to come up with a micracle submission while receiving hellish elbows on the ground.

2 Likes

Jones beats Weismann 2x, jones beats Japanese pro wrestlers no tap out to flying heel hook

2 Likes

Vitor should have won with that armbar. I thought that was the moment Jones got got. Jon is a fucken monster tho and he didn’t tap. Iirc it did a lot of damage

3 Likes

Unfortunately, this. He would be far bigger… He Silva would have to get on the inside, where Jones would have a strength advantage. Jones would eat him up on the outside

That blitz is what got Machida put on his ass and into a guillotine. I actually talked to Winklejohn about that fight (well, it was a striking seminar and he talked about it). They were baiting Machida with a front kick, waiting for the blitz, so they could counter with a straight right. Machida went to the well one too many times and got caught.

Silva has a chance of the KO in the early rounds until Jon decides to take it to the ground and he dies anything he wants from there.

1 Like

If Jones decided to take him down, he would at will. On the ground being the bigger man he would like TKO Anderson. As long as they are standing, Anderson is the more skilled fighter and has more ways to finish.

Unfortunately I believe JBJ would just take Silva down and rain down elbows all night long. I think Silva would do a lot better than Shogun did though lol

1 Like

I’m 5"6 135 of pure destruction, I think I could do better than shogun did.

2 Likes

Funny, I almost made a similar post concerning Shogun/ Weidman striking in that other thread.

Frankly, I think we’re both right. Mma is strange like that.

1 Like