Why are guns always in such short supply?

I know guns are in extremely short supply now with Biden being (wink wink, nod nod) elected. But they’ve basically been in short supply as long as I can remember. All through Obama’s presidency for sure. If they are in short supply, then prices are higher, meaning there should be a market for more companies to get into the fray and start making and selling guns. Why have more companies not stepped up to make that extra $$$? Has capitalism failed us?

Just curious.

Thanks!

1 Like

Artificial supply manipulation. Like diamonds. 

TFK_HossPearson -

And high end bourbon. 

TFK_HossPearson - 

Thanks. But how can it be manipulated so much? Can’t any company with a reasonable amount of capital forge/craft/assemble/etc. guns and parts for guns? Diamonds I can see that if some companies can get the mines where most come out of then they can manipulate the supply. But guns is pouring iron into some casts, stamping parts, assembling pieces, etc., hard to see how any one gun company could prevent from others from doing so.

Thanks!

1 Like

http://www.guns.com

PwnedCakes -
TFK_HossPearson - 

Thanks. But how can it be manipulated so much? Can’t any company with a reasonable amount of capital forge/craft/assemble/etc. guns and parts for guns? Diamonds I can see that if some companies can get the mines where most come out of then they can manipulate the supply. But guns is pouring iron into some casts, stamping parts, assembling pieces, etc., hard to see how any one gun company could prevent from others from doing so.

Thanks!

No clue as to the particulars. I imagine Glock (or whoever) limits the quantity it sells to stores and other 3rd party sellers as a means to artificially drive the price up. Perhaps, the same as ammo. As you said, it seems to just be casted/stamped parts so with such a great demand, one would think they could easily ramp up production. 

Or consumption is really out-pacing manufacturing. 

TFK_HossPearson -

Nothing artificial about it. Supply could not meet the sudden demand from democrat riots and the threat to defund police.

The ammo situation is even worse. Supply and prices were perfectly normal in 2019 

4 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pLscqRIuYMg

1 Like

American population 330 million, along of guns privately owned in America 393 million. OG member 'why are guns in short supply?'. I weep.

a related question:  Why does the Average AmeriGUN conservatard have NO $$$ SAVED?

LOL what?  The nearest place for me is Cabela's.  Last I looked they have everything I looked at in stock.

Now aquarium supplies, that’s another story.  If only someone invented a filter and aerator combo out of Officemax surplus.  Then we’d be in business.

4 Likes

Guns in general are not in short supply. 

Ammo, yes. 

I’ve spoken to 3 different FFLs and they have confirmed they can’t get shit. G19s, M&Ps and others that are never an issue to get are simply not there. 

![](upload://f6wB6nXIeLRGhKsICZkbB5wqWx8.jpeg)

Such a dumb ass pedoslice!

1 Like
Curtis_E_Bare - 

LOL what?  The nearest place for me is Cabela's.  Last I looked they have everything I looked at in stock.

Now aquarium supplies, that’s another story.  If only someone invented a filter and aerator combo out of Officemax surplus.  Then we’d be in business.

LOL the BARE lays down some FACTS and the schemers switch to "Ammo"

![](upload://v2WTfoZBkoxbnypU7x7lZjcwlDx.jpeg)

1 Like

Guns are definitely in short supply right now and dealers are getting full msrp on everything.

People are scared and finally getting ready for civil unrest.

“In fact, [the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System] data shows federal background checks for purchasing firearms have increased 72% year-over-year and we don’t anticipate consumer demand for firearms or ammunition slowing anytime soon,” Wagenhals’ statement continued. “As a result, our facilities continue to operate at near maximum capacity to meet customer needs and we are continuing to expand our production capabilities.”

It’s always about making the most money. People only operate in that manner.

j.