Why are Klitschkos popular in europe?

Vitali is 45-2 with 41 KO's

Wladimir is 61-3 with 51 KO's

Mayweather is 45-0 with 26 KO's

Mayweather gets the attention he does because of his mouth/persona first and his skill second. The guy is supremely talented but nearly half of his wins are decisions. The Klitschkos aren't perfect but they tend to destroy their competition. Americans don't like them mainly because they aren't American and they don't act like Floyd

You nailed it Brian. Sad but true. Phone Post

Wladimir's last stinker of a fight was held in Russia and several prominent Russian boxers lambasted him for his performance. So it's not just Americans.

Also worth noting Vitali's two losses weren't humiliating defeats by any stretch of the imagination. Against Byrd he tore is rotator cuff and his loss to Lewis was due to a cut. He was ahead on the scorecards in both fights.

Same reason boxing declined in USA . It's someone that's like them on top. Phone Post 3.0

Brian Rule - Vitali is 45-2 with 41 KO's

Mayweather gets the attention he does because of his mouth/persona first and his skill second. The guy is supremely talented but nearly half of his wins are decisions. The Klitschkos aren't perfect but they tend to destroy their competition. Americans don't like them mainly because they aren't American and they don't act like Floyd
Agree Phone Post 3.0

They are more well known in the uk than any UFC champion. Phone Post 3.0

madmaxej9 - the klitschkos are both very well known celebrities in germany and europe in general. everyone likes them outside their boxing careers. They are both smart (both have a phd), great athletes, fluent in german - they are just great guys, always friendly, always respectful. Whenever they fight the whole list of A-list celebrities comes to watch so it's always a highlight on free prime time tv in germany. It's kinda like a mix between the superbowl and the oscars that's why so many people tune in.

At the beginning of their careers they were both absolute killers. Until Wladimir got knocked out by Sanders they both pretty much won all their fights by devestating ko. I think Vitali had some crayz stats at some point. In his first 24 fights no one made it farther then the 6th round and all of them were stopped. Even today he has 45 wins in 47 fights with 41! ko's - that is freaking unheard of!

I think I mentioned it in a comment before. When Vitali was fighting you really always had the feeling that someone might get killed. That has significantly changed in the last few years and they have taken ther game to a level where the know they can win without taking any risks. Not at all attractive to watch but very effective.

This.
Germany Hasselhofed the Klitschkos.

I don't think they are overly popular. Europe is a pretty big place, and quite heterogeneous.

They are big in Germany, because they lived there and both speak German. They are popular in the former soviet states, for obvious reasons.

Outside of that, I wouldn't say they are popular in contrast to other sporting figures. People are aware of who they are, because they are amongst the longest reigning heavyweight champions in the history of the heavyweight division. But outside of that - most people probably couldn't tell you the difference between the two. They should be more well known than they are, given the reality of how long they have held the heavyweight titles.

The Klitschko's problems aren't their finishing rate (which is high) - It's their fighting You just don't see them in any wars. They fight very calculated fights, and it's boring to watch.

But hey look - they manage to sell out stadiums, and both appear to be genuinely nice guys who do fuckloads for charity. I have no personal ill will towards them - but as a fight fan, I just can't get into their fights.

i am european and i cant stand the klitchkos fight style at all. to me it is boring as fuck.

same as i find mayfeather boring as fuck.

same as i find GSP boring as fuck. same why i found the match between JDS and cain boring as fuck.

fighters like Fedor, matt brown, nick diaz,wanderlei, old shogun, quinton jackson. those i like.

those guys came out to fight a war, they threw punches, kicks, knees, wrestling, jui-jitsu and all in rapid fashion.

Hi dana Phone Post 3.0

Jambo888 - 
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

-They're White

-Educated

-Speak Mutiple Languages

-Between the two, hold all major belts

-When is the last time two brothers dominated a division like this?

so people watch to hear them say educated stuff in many languages. interesting.

Point being that they're clearly not your average boxers.

Because they're European..

Ummm...because they are European, finish fights and are the best in the world. What do you like in fighters, sloppy technique that doesnt end fights? Phone Post

forumnewb - i don't get how those fools sell tickets to their fights.

i'm guessing europeans don't have easy access to ambien.

Because exciting is subjective?

Personally I hate opera, and I don't understand how Pavarotti made 300+ million singing it.

But I'm not silly enough to think that because I don't like opera, no one else does.

Same with fighting. Enough people like watching the Klitchko's fight that they make a lot of money doing it. Same for GSP and Mayweather.

The secret is no secret: not everyone finds the same things interesting as you do. Might as well get used to it, its going to be like that for everything in life.

PoundforPound - Europeans must love that hugging and holding style.

So, they'd really love Cain V

Brian Rule - Vitali is 45-2 with 41 KO's

This. They do not have the mouth Floyd has. Phone Post 3.0

PoundforPound - Europeans must love that hugging and holding style.

Then they must love Cain.

Lol. What parts of Europe? Cuz I love in Europe and don't really make it my business to etch their fights. Phone Post

*watch Phone Post