Why are people hating on the Point Break remake?

Trailer 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvFAm4kYCo

Trailer 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvKneCIlIVs

"We're all gonna die. The only question is how." - Bodhi

I think the trailers are cool. I guess I'm impressed easily.

Why the hate?

It looks good but they could've just given it its own title.

you have to hate any remake and whine and bitch about it, that's pretty much a law.

There are benefits to remakes if the original has things that would enhance the movie more today. Like special effects or even camera quality, actors or budget.

A movie like Point Break, or Lethal Weapon are really perfect in their original form. There is nothing to really improve in a remake, and too much risk of fucking up what makes the original a classic.

I understand the movie was not an Academy Award Winner, but most of our favorite action movies aren't.

Punk, quarterback punk. Phone Post 3.0

Wtf is up with all of these Patrick Swayze movies getting remakes. They certainly aren't going to improve his characters performances.

Road house
Point break
Red dawn

Am I missing any? Phone Post 3.0

I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead rhino, I should have had you get me three of these things Phone Post 3.0

People are definitely nervous about the studios fucking this up, and I don't blame them.

Point Break was a pretty good movie. Swayze and Reeves (life before Neo) were both pretty good in it. And honestly, a lot of remakes do suck balls.

DosAnjos#1fan - It looks good but they could've just given it its own title.

this is exactly why. it's different enough from the original imo to have it's own character names and title.

SallymeetsHarrySack - There are benefits to remakes if the original has things that would enhance the movie more today. Like special effects or even camera quality, actors or budget.

A movie like Point Break, or Lethal Weapon are really perfect in their original form. There is nothing to really improve in a remake, and too much risk of fucking up what makes the original a classic.

I understand the movie was not an Academy Award Winner, but most of our favorite action movies aren't.
A movie doesn't have to win prizes for being good.
Point Break was a great action movie. Great cast, great direction (Kathryn bigelow), good plot and action. And the surf and skydiving!!!!
It was great for its genre and does not need any remake.

I mean, seriously, there's only one Bodhi, and it's mfkin Patrick Swayze, brah. Phone Post 3.0

Remakes are indicitive of how risk averse and creatively broke Hollywood is. Phone Post 3.0

honestly my problem is calling it a "remake"

they could have done like Fast and Furios 3  or the latest Bourne movie and give it the Point Break Label but a different working title.

and different character names

like 'Point Break: Adrenaline'

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/lift-nsac-ban-mma-fighter-nick-diaz

HCross - I wonder what Hollywood will do after they have already remade every damn thing in a few years.

do re-remakes

its got to be better than the original

Is Ronda playing Bodhi? Phone Post 3.0

The original remake of Point Break was The Fast and the Furious which was pretty good. Phone Post 3.0

Looks good but it will never replace the original.

I see Roach has been recast.

I should rip your throat out for even asking!

Utah, get me two Phone Post 3.0