Why are so many pros 'chiming in about knockout'?

We get it!

It's stupid and dangerous.

The way I see it, the more we talk about it the more chance there is that people will hear about it and try this type of dumb shit.

I'm sure it isn't happening half as much as the media is portraying. If we all just shut up about it it will go away

BETTER POST A THREAD ABOUT IT. Phone Post 3.0

The Police Commissioners of NYC and Newark are trying to get some concrete information on actual cases of knockout. Those idiots need to get on the Internet, the proof is right there.

The Black Cheez - BETTER POST A THREAD ABOUT IT. Phone Post 3.0

lol

point taken

Knockout Game is a MYTH - L.A. Times
(55) [3904] by PTM2020 - 1 2 3

In all seriousness though, something needs to be done. Phone Post 3.0

I think it's overblown, but as for why fighters would talk about it?

Pretty obvious to me. These are the biggest badasses on earth and who KO other human weapons for a living.

They're trying to get the message across that only the lowest, most cowardly, fucking pussy faggot would cold clock someone unsuspecting -- especially a woman or elder

I sincerely hope anyone who does this gets shot. I don't care how young or impressionable he is... Fuck em

This isn't even acrime of desperation, it just reeks of sociopathy and APD

If everyone is more aware it's not a special thing to do anymore.

Mma has already picked up some heat over this.

If any of these people do look up to mma fighters maybe just maybe they'll listen.

Good PR Phone Post 3.0

RattleCaT - If everyone is more aware it's not a special thing to do anymore.

Mma has already picked up some heat over this.

If any of these people do look up to mma fighters maybe just maybe they'll listen.

Good PR Phone Post 3.0

I never thought about it like this. You might have a point.

Honestly I had it down more to ego/exposure but i might just be a cynic.

It's called venting.I hate watching any of those assaults, it is sickening and frustrating because of how wrong it is and imagining if it happened to you or someone you love. That's why you see all sorts of people from different backgrounds posting about it.

I would imagine they are letting it be known right now that they absolutely one hundred percent do not approve of this behavior, because of the inevitable incident that occurs when some kid who fucked around once a week at a MMA gym ends up arrested or dead after pulling this shit, and the media jumps all over it and starts blaming MMA for it.

ABE FROMAN - The Police Commissioners of NYC and Newark are trying to get some concrete information on actual cases of knockout. Those idiots need to get on the Internet, the proof is right there.

you are on the internet

I'm not overly worried just wanted other peoples opinion.

I think it's great that pros are validating the fact that it's a pussy thing to do. "Get in the ring if you're such a strong badass." Phone Post 3.0

Think about it.

Knockout is all over the news and internet. Fighters read the news and use the internet because they are human. As fans of the sport, we follow their FBs and a Tweets therefore we notice they are coming in.

I had a 5 year old type the redundant and obvious answer since you seem to struggle with the obvious.

I swear this place gets dumber with each passing year. If it's not on Wikipedia or Yahoo answers, you won't figure it out. Phone Post

It was on Yahoo?

musta missed it

This knockout myth has circulated every few years since the beginning of the internet.. Phone Post 3.0

Ufc is distancing its self. Phone Post

ausgepicht - Think about it.

Knockout is all over the news and internet. Fighters read the news and use the internet because they are human. As fans of the sport, we follow their FBs and a Tweets therefore we notice they are coming in.

I had a 5 year old type the redundant and obvious answer since you seem to struggle with the obvious.

I swear this place gets dumber with each passing year. If it's not on Wikipedia or Yahoo answers, you won't figure it out. Phone Post

lol

Wow this really bugged you huh?

I interpreted it as a slightly egotistical thing to do as i don't really idolize fighters and don't really base my life or actions on there opinion. I suppose I didn't consider others might.

As others have pointed out (like yourself) perhaps they are just venting and if pointing out playing knockout is a cunty thing to do. If this stops people doing it then great.

Maybe i was just feeling cynical after I saw the 5th "so and so gives us their opinion about knockout thread".

Thanks for your post btw. It would have been really easy to come off as condescending.