Why are Texans so proud to be Texans?

Please help me understand. Phone Post 3.0

It's called the Alamo bro.

Never asks a man where he's from.
If he's from Texas, he'll tell you.
If not, don't embarrass him. Phone Post 3.0

I assume it has something to do with brisket.

Texas is fucking awesome and has some great history behind it. I know a lot of people, including myself who has family who died to start a new life here.

And because there's nothing wrong with having mass amounts of pride about where you come from. Phone Post 3.0

Tomato Can - I assume it has something to do with brisket.

BrisketS

photo 001_zpsc6809bc4.jpg

Steers and queers bro, the gays love to brag.

Because the stars at night are big and bright Phone Post 3.0

I don't pray much, but when I do, I thank God for Texas.

100% true

You'd think you were hot shit too if all you had to compare yourself to were Mexicans and Oklahomos.

. Phone Post 3.0

Pig Bun -
Tomato Can - I assume it has something to do with brisket.

BrisketS

photo 001_zpsc6809bc4.jpg
unzips Phone Post 3.0

because texas women have the biggest natural tits in the world!

I spent a week in Houston and Galveston a few years ago and I have never met another group of people more proud of where they're from.

I swear every person I met inevitably asked me "So, how ya likin' Texas so far?" At first I thought it was a massive inferiority complex and they were desperate for validation but I soon came to realize that they were just proud people and genuinely curious of my impressions of the state.

I may not agree with some of their views on certain issues, but holy fuck if they aren't some of the nicest and most hospitable people I've ever met. I can't wait to go back.

Fade The Public - Steers and queers bro, the gays love to brag.
I got a long horn for you bro Phone Post 3.0

Dr Gonzo - You'd think you were hot shit too if all you had to compare yourself to were Mexicans and Oklahomos.

Or you look at California and New York then shake your head and laugh and marvel at how can so many people be so........dumb? blind? And now you aren't surprised anymore that every time you meet somebody new they probably were not born here but they moved here in a moment of clarity.

Whats really funny (and slightly infuriating) is when people move here from California and they want to turn Texas into the shithole they just left. This is Texas, if you want to marry a goat while crying about your childhood go back to wherever you came from. Or maybe you should buy yourself some guns, go harvest your own meat and learn something about yourself other than youre a sensitive pussy.

Dr Gonzo - You'd think you were hot shit too if all you had to compare yourself to were Mexicans and Oklahomos.
Lol, nailed it. Phone Post 3.0

T-Ham - 
Dr Gonzo - You'd think you were hot shit too if all you had to compare yourself to were Mexicans and Oklahomos.

Or you look at California and New York then shake your head and laugh and marvel at how can so many people be so........dumb? blind? And now you aren't surprised anymore that every time you meet somebody new they probably were not born here but they moved here in a moment of clarity.

Whats really funny (and slightly infuriating) is when people move here from California and they want to turn Texas into the shithole they just left. This is Texas, if you want to marry a goat while crying about your childhood go back to wherever you came from. Or maybe you should buy yourself some guns, go harvest your own meat and learn something about yourself other than youre a sensitive pussy.

So the chilli is pretty good or what?

Who wouldn't be proud of a state where you can be serving life for selling pot but out in a few years for killing someone. Texas put puts more people to death than all other states combined Phone Post 3.0

People from Texas, NY and Puerto Rico all are ever so proud to show where they come from. Lived in 2 out of 3 of these places and have no clue what there is to be so proud of. Phone Post 3.0