Why Art Jimmerson only wore one glove at UFC 1

Aww shit.

Art One Glove Jimmerson -

Can you believe it's been over 20 plus years since UFC 1???  I was SO PISSED at the UFC and it's handlers because of the way I was PORTRAYED!  I wanted nothing to do with the UFC after it was over!  Put Royce in a BOXING RING under my RULES and see the OUTCOME!  

TRUE STORY:  I was out one night in Downtown St. Louis having Dinner with, a Lawyer (Boxing Client - Friend) Evander Holyfield and our dates.  Two guys walk by and go... Art "One Glove" Jimmerson!  I was SHOCKED, I hadn't heard that name in years!  Then they look over and go... Evander "Real Deal" Holyfield!  Then the next thing they did just "BLEW MY MIND"!  They look back at me and go, Art "One Glove" Jimmerson can we PLEASE get a PICTURE with you???  Now, I LOVE Holyfield, he's a LEGEND!  But these guys were just HUGE UFC FANS!  That's when I knew this UFC THING WAS'NT GOING NO WHERE! Lol

Lol awesome Phone Post 3.0

Huh, interesting background info. Always wondered about this myself.

Art One Glove Jimmerson - 

Can you believe it's been over 20 plus years since UFC 1???  I was SO PISSED at the UFC and it's handlers because of the way I was PORTRAYED!  I wanted nothing to do with the UFC after it was over!  Put Royce in a BOXING RING under my RULES and see the OUTCOME!  

TRUE STORY:  I was out one night in Downtown St. Louis having Dinner with, a Lawyer (Boxing Client - Friend) Evander Holyfield and our dates.  Two guys walk by and go... Art "One Glove" Jimmerson!  I was SHOCKED, I hadn't heard that name in years!  Then they look over and go... Evander "Real Deal" Holyfield!  Then the next thing they did just "BLEW MY MIND"!  They look back at me and go, Art "One Glove" Jimmerson can we PLEASE get a PICTURE with you???  Now, I LOVE Holyfield, he's a LEGEND!  But these guys were just HUGE UFC FANS!  That's when I knew this UFC THING WAS'NT GOING NO WHERE! Lol

Thanks for sharing!

Art One Glove Jimmerson -

A VTFU for one glove.... Your still remembered after those 20 years, that was a groundbreaking night for most of us, thanks for posting and i hope lifes treating you well! Phone Post 3.0

I love the way the Co - Creator of the UFC put it on Twitter...
@campbellcombate: It is not how would boxer do but how boxing skills can be used in MMA

Thanks for posting here. It's one of the things that makes this place so special. Just ignore the trolls. Phone Post 3.0

TTT

^lol^