Why boxing gets no respect in MMA

"dancing around dipping your head, is not a good habit"

lol... great advice for a fighter, stand very still and above all DO NOT move your head!

Those "pillows" sure get fucking heavy after a while. They sure don't feel like pillows when I'm getting blown up with 'em.

Give me boxing over pulling guard any day. Sure they both have weaknesses (boxing, sport JJ, Judo, whatever) because they've become so specialized towards their respective sets of rules as to throw away practicality.

What would you suggest as an alternative to sport rules. Gladiatorial games & fights to the death? Shit man I thought this board was dedicated to sports...

Having interacted with a lot of fans in both MMA and Boxing, I can tell my .02

Almost all MMA fans/fighters respect boxing.

Few boxing fans know about much MMA, and still are in the pre-UFC I mentality that boxers would succeed in MMA.

Most boxing fans have a smidgeon of knowledge of MMA, and that is increasing. Slowly but surely they are seeing with their own eyes what all of us learned in watching the early UFCs -- the dif between MMA and boxing.

Most boxers, however, know and like MMA, or at least repsect the difs. There are plenty of name fighters at UFCs like Zab Judah, Fernando Vargas, David Tua, and Mike Tyson is a fan as well. These guys know MMA is probably going to beat them because they've probably had and seen a few streetfights.