Why can't puppies go to heaven

To continue from another thread, is there a scriptural basis for the belief that there will not be animals in Heaven?

Is there different beliefs on the subject among the various chruches? I would assume there are, but don't know.

the puppies are still waiting on their messiah.

well, the bible distinguishes between animals having a spirit and people having a soul.

although revelations talks about Jesus riding a white horse, and elijah was taken to heaven on a firey chariot.

Some people view those as symbolic but there may be some type of angelic creatures...I don't know.

People need to quit thinking that the Bible teaches heaven as some kind of final destination for Christians.  The real teaching of the Bible is that some day Christ will come in glory and rebuild a new heavens and new earth.  Since all of creation will be redeemed on that day there is no reason to believe that past pets may not be resurrected in some way along with the people who loved them. 

People need to quit thinking that the Bible teaches heaven as some kind of final destination for Christians. The real teaching of the Bible is that some day Christ will come in glory and rebuild a new heavens and new earth.

No offense, but almost all of the teachings I've ever heard (and YES, I went to private Catholic schools when I was a kid), you only have one chance and then you're set...no matter where you go.

If Jesus is coming back to build a new heaven and earth, why not believe in Islam if it agrees with what I think? Not that I do, but what is the "punishment/reward" scenario going to leverage if there is always a "second chance"?

Again, the usual HG disclaimer: I'm not trying to start an argument...just asking questions that I had since I was a kid.

SCRAP

"People need to quit thinking that the Bible teaches heaven as some kind of final destination for Christians."

I was taught heaven was the destination as a child. It's what's been taught in every church I've been in as an adult. I get the impression that's the teaching on the evangelist shows on TV as I flip past them.

LOL at TheHawker

You are both correct that it is commonly taught but in reality it is not biblical.  It is more medieval than biblical. 

Where do you go after heaven?

The Bible seems to teach that when people die their souls are in paradise or torment but that is not the completion of God's plan.  According to the  Bible, the destiny of every person is resurrection and then the new heavens and new earth.  Of course a lot of the language is metaphorical but the three tiered picture of heaven above, earth in the middle, and hell below stems from taking some metaphorical language too literally and ignoring other parts of scripture. 

OK so if there are NOT those 3 levels.........How is it going to be ?

" the bible distinguishes between animals having a spirit and people having a soul. "

I too would like to know what the difference. I've always heard the words used almost interchangably.

I'll get back to this one...short on time...two different words used for spirit and soul...

blud, the context and the rest of the bible do...