Why couldnt Vera outwrestle Shogun?

Almost everyone does...

He hung w/Couture and Timmay in the clinch,but got ragdolled by Shogun.

He needs to get back to that skillset or else.

Exactly what I was wondering.

I was saying Shogun would take Vera down. People thought that was crazy talk though.

Shogun has really good td's. The only person he failed to take down was Lyoto Machida.

Because Shoguns grappling is underrated. His TDD is piss poor but his offensive wrestling is better than most give him credit for.

It's all about aggression and timing.

ontilt - Because Shoguns grappling is underrated. His TDD is piss poor but his offensive wrestling is better than most give him credit for.

This

vd

Also, Vera fought a very tough fight and showed heart. Nothing negative to say. I appreciated his effort, and look forward to seeing him again. Great fight.

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -  vd

what did I do?

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -  Also, Vera fought a very tough fight and showed heart. Nothing negative to say. I appreciated his effort, and look forward to seeing him again. Great fight.

He made a new fan out of me after that, a lesser fighter could have folded up ship after the Thiago Silva humilation or gotten bitter and dwelled.

Vera moved on and took the opportunity when it came and pulled the trigger and didn't hesitate to strike almost immediately into the fight.

A warriors performance.

Because the match didn't take place in Randy Courture's head.

I said it on another thread, but Vera is one of the most complete fighters on paper. Some of the best kickboxing at 205, near olympic level greco and a very legit brown belt.

Shogun outworked him in all three areas. If nothing else, this fight confirmed just how well rounded and talented Shogun truly is. IMO Vera brought it. He had quite a few opportunities in this fight to bail and he didn't.

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -  vd

This.

Wait. What?

MrColdCock - I said it on another thread, but Vera is one of the most complete fighters on paper. Some of the best kickboxing at 205, near olympic level greco and a very legit brown belt.

Shogun outworked him in all three areas. If nothing else, this fight confirmed just how well rounded and talented Shogun truly is. IMO Vera brought it. He had quite a few opportunities in this fight to bail and he didn't.
I'm still unconviced about his "olympic level greco."

Shogun actually has good takedowns.  Got them against Hendo, Machida and Griffin in their fights.  Doesn't have much TDD, but has lots of confidence in his guard and his sweeps in particular.

Vera's wrestling hasn't looked good for a while though aside from the Couture fight.  For someone with a greco background, he seems to get taken down from the clinch quite a bit.  

Also, Vera was at a disadvantage taking a 5 rounder.

Vera should be at 185. STILL too small for LHW

lol Shogun has A level Takedowns

Taking down machida, Liddell, Vera, hendom, Lil Nog goes to show how elite his TDs are. His TDD not so great

^ Don't forget Coleman as well.

epic hero - I was saying Shogun would take Vera down. People thought that was crazy talk though.

Shogun has really good td's. The only person he failed to take down was Lyoto Machida.

I thought shogun would go for the td also Phone Post