Why did Fanny packs stop being cool?

Seriously, when I see families wearing them, I can't help but wonder if I've just gotten out of a delorean in the year 1992. Despite their practical use and utility, I can't fathom why anyone would need one besides carrying a camera or going on upside down rides.

Seriously, I saw a dad that looked like Rick Moranis and his entire thick glasses wearing, nerdy family last weekend each wearing one and serious it was as if they were oblivious to how massively lame they looked.

That being said, when did these go out of style? If I had to guess, I'd say maybe whenever Bob Saget stopped hosting America's Funniest Home Videos. Phone Post

Go ahead and make fun of the Rick Moranis look alike, but when shit pops off, you will see how he turns into Jack Bauer.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/1488/glock261.jpg

They'll always be awesome...

-TPK

They are so practical. But I'm to insecure to rock one Phone Post 3.0

Fanny packs are making a comeback in Southern California (thank god finally). Every time I wear it out of state though I get funny looks from just about everyone though.

3 sided, that's the exact reason I've never antagonized someone with a fanny pack. I don't like being a dick and who knows if they have a small revolver in it and are waiting for a reason to use it.

Eggbert, pics of your brand of fanny pack? Too lazy to google search right now. Phone Post

fastest way to determine who is LEO on vacation.

true story.

^^ lol

3 Sided Square - Go ahead and make fun of the Rick Moranis look alike, but when shit pops off, you will see how he turns into Jack Bauer.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/1488/glock261.jpg

When you are willing to wear a fanny pack you know you've hit rock bottom with your gun obsession. Jack Bauer wouldn't wear a fanny pack to save the president.

I heard Joe Rogan walks around with one. Unfortunately I am personally not nearly Alpha enough for that Phone Post

TheHebrewHammer - 

I heard Joe Rogan walks around with one. Unfortunately I am personally not nearly Alpha enough for that Phone Post

TripVersion01 - Fanny packs are making a comeback in Southern California (thank god finally). Every time I wear it out of state though I get funny looks from just about everyone though.
No they aren't. Phone Post 3.0

PaulyMolitor - I had a job at a resort and was always losing stuff out of my pockets because I had to do light maintence work for guests. Nothing major but I would lose things out of my pockets so I started sporting a fanny pack in 2012. I got a lot of attention from coworkers but I didnt give two shits and rocked it everyday. They called it my boner pack because I wore it over my johnson instead of my butt in order to hide my boner. It was funny, but I always had more of anything and everything than other employees when helping out guests, with random problems rich people have while traveling to a ski resort. eventually coworkers were always asking me for supplies because they knew I was always prepared. I became a sensation and it was all due to the fanny pack. I t got to the point where I would poop and not know to take it off or leave it on just in case. I loved that thing but I left it out and it was stolen. I have not bought another. Northface makes an expensive high end one, I think joe rogan was trying to sell/wear a super high end fanny awhile back. Mine was $10 off of amazon, but currently have no need for a fanny pack. They get hate that I dont understand.

Jeff Curran did a seminar at my college in the very late 90s. He went to a party with a fanny pack on and was surrounded by women.
Voted up for becoming a "sensation" all with the aide from a fanny pack.

This reminds me of the good old 90's.

I'm reminiscing about Baywatch now Phone Post 3.0

Res ipsa loquitar - 
TripVersion01 - Fanny packs are making a comeback in Southern California (thank god finally). Every time I wear it out of state though I get funny looks from just about everyone though.

This is not accurate.

You guys must be out of the loop. Take it from me, I wear it to Sharkeez twice a week and chicks dig it.

They were never cool.

Bucephalus - They were never cool.
. Phone Post 3.0

So does this mean I should stop wearing my fanny pack

The only people I know that wear fanny packs are hawaiians. They keep their drugs in them

Blue please

http://imgur.com/g5wWLaq Phone Post 3.0

OblongBox - http://www.amazon.com/Badlands-Monster-Fanny-Pack-8-Inch/dp/B001NZYTEE/ref=sr_1_5?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1377001964&sr=1-5&keywords=fanny+pack

I dare you to make fun of my fanny pack.

That is obviously mislabeled, that's a harness.