Why Did Jeff Osbourne Get Fired?

From the UFC, that is. I don't remember... did he suck or something? lol It's too long ago for me. The only reason I ask is because I see he's been working for Bodog now.

JEFF OSBOURNE IS THE BEST. WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM BACK. CLASS GUY

he was awesome...

Jeff has more knowledge of the sport than ANY commentator out there today. It would be cool to see Jeff doing UFC again.

Jeff is the best.

I don't have any special knowledge, at all, but as I recall they tried out tons of different commentators, and ended up with the mix they have. Jens was on and was to my ear perfect, but didn't come back either. So I don't think it is so much fired as they were trying out a bunch of different things.

Jeff is the most knowledgeable commentator eva.

Jeff is the fight commisioner, can't remember exact title, for BoDog now as well.  He's one of the best commentators ever, AND I swear, the first time i ever heard the phrase MIXED MARTIAL ARTS was on a tape of his from 1997!

I know in 1998, 1999, we were all on here coming up with names:  free style fighting, etc other than NHB.

great guy!

after watchfin a couple of WEC's, MIR and teh guy he works with are spectacular...........

JEFF OSBOURNE IS THE BEST. WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM BACK. CLASS GUY

100 percent agree, the guy knows the sport and tells it how it is.

am I mixing something up, or was Osbourne the guy who supposedly got canned by the UFC because he was too tall and made the fighters look short?

UFC's loss is my gain, since Jeff is the best broadcast partner I've ever had.

"am I mixing something up, or was Osbourne the guy who supposedly got canned by the UFC because he was too tall and made the fighters look short? "

That was the late Ryan Bennett.

Jeff was the man

Jeff is the best ever - NO QUESTION. 

I've thought that you could mix him up with a guy that was a little more "over the top" (but not too much so a la Joe Rogan) and it'd be a great team.

I've said for a while now that if you put Jeff and Max Kellerman together, you'd have potentially the best team ever.

"after watchfin a couple of WEC's, MIR and teh guy he works with are spectacular..........."

I agree.  The guy is Todd Harris (I think that's his last name).  He does play-by-play with Bill Kazmaier for the World's Strongest Man on ESPN.

Wiggy - MMA Training

" he talks rather monotone and there is no excitement in his voice"

I agree.....Jeff is extremely knowledable but too monotone to listen to.

he didnt smoke weed with eddie bravo enough.

If you want top flight professional voice work done and some decent knowledge, then look no further than Kenny Rice. I can close my eyes and his voice gives me chills it's so perfect. He currently does PbP for the IFL when he isn't committed to CBS elsewhere (I think it's CBS).

Quadros is very knowledgeable and his voice tone work + cadence is second only to Kenny IMHO. His knowledge is out the roof. I will listen to Quadros any day of the week.

Frank Mir does an awesome job as color commentator and knows how to proffer the proper knowledge at the right time during a match. He makes YOU as the listener feel knowledgeable.

I haven't listened to Mauro much so I can't comment one way or another but have heard a lot about him from his PRIDE days and respect him a lot.

Bas Rutten is the ultimate in color commentary. He has more personality than Frank Mir so he can pull off the monologues, just as much or more knowledge, and a genial comportment that comes through with anything he does.

I think that Jeff, although knowledgeable, has a horrible voice for broadcasting and does not get me interested in the product.

Joe Rogan is a fun guy to watch, brings a lot of excitement, and is enjoyable when he does his monologue intro's and ad-hoc interviews but his color commentary drives me crazy. He's decently knowledgeable but not enough to provide value add.

Mike Goldberg is bottom of the barrel IMHO for PbP. I can't stand his voice work, it's too over the top and his knowledge and timing is atrocious.

Bill Goldberg (k-1) of pro-wrestling fame needs to go DIAF kplzthx.

So Rankings.

PbP:
Kenny Rice
Mauro Renallo
Stephen Quadros
Mike Goldberg

Color Commentary:
Bas Rutten
Stephen Quadros
Frank Mir
Bill Goldberg

Colonel Bob is a heck of a play by play guy. He is already near the top IMO; he just needs to get a little more knowledgeable.

I disagree with him being to Monotone, he could raise his voice level when the fights called for it, unlike Rogan who's always going crazy it seems.

Osbourne is by far my fav commentator, i'm glad he's doing well with Bodog.

It seems as tho there was some bad blood after UFC let him go, and Osbourne may have burned his bridges with the UFC unfortunately. It does appear Dana is the type to hold grudges.

"I can close my eyes and his voice gives me chills it's so perfect."

that might be the gayest thing i've ever read.

Jeff and his Hook n Shoot organization really played a part in bringing MMA to where it is today

Stand up guy and I miss going to those Hook n Shoot shows

tons of top top guys got their start at Hook n Shoot

I sat next to Mike Brown after he lost his first MMA fight with Hermes Franca (ahh...back in the day)