Why did Khabibs shots do more damage than Conors?

Khabib pretty much laughed off Conor's best shots

Notice Conor visibly stagger while getting outboxed by Khabib after each exchange

[?IMG]

Clean living

Khabib landing the right, then popping the jab in conor’s face:

Khabib hypnotising conor with the jab:

Khabib taking advantage of an overly aggressive conor and touching him with a little check hook

Khabib’s underrated russian boxing exposed the fact that Conor has a weakness to the orthadox left jab because he can’t counter it with his signature left cross. He can’t cross his left over yours.

Khabib exposed that in the fight against Conor with his underrated russian boxing which confused Conor.

Ray Longo in a fairly recent interview said that Al told them inbetween rounds (either 1st or 2nd) that "..he's really strong" and "..my arms are dead". Which is more than likely the case with Mr. Conor after the first round as well. Not exactly a secret this game plan of Khabib's but what can you do? Interestingly if you have been watching all fights since then you'll notice now that some other fighters are attempting this game plane i.e. immediately take down and hold (tire out) their opponents. Before you didn't really see such a methodical approach more opportunity or desperation in the past.

Whiskey & Cocaine

and Khabib is a shit load better at striking than anyone wants to admit

Conor was worn the fuck out and beatdown. Heavy arms make your shots less effective. It's not very complex.

Does Khabib also have a concrete chin?

Nobody has even phased him after 27 fights. Though he showed better striking than Conor, Not even MJ was able to do shit, that was greatly eaggerated my Rogan.

Image result for michael johnson khabib gif

Khabibs striking is "ok", I think it's obvious. The threat of his wrestling, and the work of his grappling opens up his striking game.

Let's look at his last two fights, Mcgoats and Big Al. Al dropped so far down into a defensive wrestling stance to keep the fight standing, that Khabib was able to do Roy Jones Jr type clowning shit to Al, who is no slouch as a striker. The fact is, Al compromised his own ability to strike with Khabib so much with his pre-emptive defensive wrestling stance, Khabib was able to completely control the striking.

With Conor, he took Conor down and grappled with him most of the first round. Conor was giving it everything he had to try and hold a neutral position. In the 2nd round, he got absolutely fucking smashed, and lost the majority of the rest of the fight standing. I think Conor may have barely won the third round on points, maybe, but only because it was clear Khabib took his foot off the gas and did almost nothing. Conor had a moment to capitalize, and he had almost nothing to give.

I think in a pure boxing or kick boxing match, Al and Conor would better Khabib, but when you throw the extra dimension of Khabibs wrestling into the mix, he can make you change your game so extensively, or just so badly compromise you on the ground, that he then has the upper hand standing.

Galanis -

Conor looked like shit in that fight, that's what 2-3 years of hard living nonstop will do (plus facing an elite determind opponent who doesn't stop training and doesn't destroy his body).

You can't just clean up for 12 weeks and think you'll be the same as your 24 year old self who was dedicated to the game 365 days a year.

Also, Conor has devolved into a pretty basic fighter. He used to lull fighters with crazy kicks and movement, then deliver his real weapons. Now, he's mostly a boxer who sometimes mixes in leg kicks.

But let's been honest.

Even at his peak level training Nate Diaz still got the best of Conor over those two fights.

Osbot -

Khabibs striking is "ok", I think it's obvious. The threat of his wrestling, and the work of his grappling opens up his striking game.

Let's look at his last two fights, Mcgoats and Big Al. Al dropped so far down into a defensive wrestling stance to keep the fight standing, that Khabib was able to do Roy Jones Jr type clowning shit to Al, who is no slouch as a striker. The fact is, Al compromised his own ability to strike with Khabib so much with his pre-emptive defensive wrestling stance, Khabib was able to completely control the striking.

With Conor, he took Conor down and grappled with him most of the first round. Conor was giving it everything he had to try and hold a neutral position. In the 2nd round, he got absolutely fucking smashed, and lost the majority of the rest of the fight standing. I think Conor may have barely won the third round on points, maybe, but only because it was clear Khabib took his foot off the gas and did almost nothing. Conor had a moment to capitalize, and he had almost nothing to give.

I think in a pure boxing or kick boxing match, Al and Conor would better Khabib, but when you throw the extra dimension of Khabibs wrestling into the mix, he can make you change your game so extensively, or just so badly compromise you on the ground, that he then has the upper hand standing.

Are we giving Khabib enough credit though.

Look at Kevin Lee for instance, his wrestling and grappling gives him the same edge, but he cant outstrike anyone.

Khabib outstuck Conor, Iaquinta, Barboza, RDA and even MJ after that initial flurry which did nothing.

Galanis -

Conor looked like shit in that fight, that's what 2-3 years of hard living nonstop will do (plus facing an elite determind opponent who doesn't stop training and doesn't destroy his body).

You can't just clean up for 12 weeks and think you'll be the same as your 24 year old self who was dedicated to the game 365 days a year.

Also, Conor has devolved into a pretty basic fighter. He used to lull fighters with crazy kicks and movement, then deliver his real weapons. Now, he's mostly a boxer who sometimes mixes in leg kicks.

Just what I was thinking. Another thing to note was, the threat of Khabib hitting a takedown and winding on top .  If anyone’s ever had an mma fight against someone you know is a better grappler, it’s a true factor that you are aware of going into that fight.  On the shot that dropped Conor, it looked like Khabib jukes the double and throws the overhand, catching Conor off guard . I think Khabib was More well rounded..that night

MDKSDMF -
Galanis -

Just what I was thinking. Another thing to note was, the threat of Khabib hitting a takedown and winding on top .  If anyone’s ever had an mma fight against someone you know is a better grappler, it’s a true factor that you are aware of going into that fight.  On the shot that dropped Conor, it looked like Khabib jukes the double and throws the overhand, catching Conor off guard . I think Khabib was More well rounded..that night

More well rounded that night?

Or just in general?

Khabib has good striking, amazing grappling, wrestling, way better cardio, heart.

Seems like the much better overall MMA fighter as the results showed.

Because Khabib trained and Conor didn’t

Because he hits harder.

Mr Karate - Because Khabib trained and Conor didn't

This does not really have any grounds in reality though.

It's a completely unprovable excuse made up by the fans.

Conor trained so hard for 229 that he kept his camp in Ireland and would not do media obligations in the months leading up to the fight.

flyingoctoplata -
MDKSDMF -
Galanis -

More well rounded that night?

Or just in general?

Khabib has good striking, amazing grappling, wrestling, way better cardio, heart.

Seems like the much better overall MMA fighter as the results showed.

I say “that night” to be respectful and mindful that in mma, anything can happen on any given night. That’s all. I’m a huge fan of both 

Khabib is a beast. His style isn’t going to make him a casual fans favorite fighter but is will is a force of nature. His takedowns are fluid and he chains multiple attempts together until he finally gets it. His opponents know it’s coming but the nonstop machine that is his wrestling always eventually gets them down. Throw in a round of top pressure and his opponents are thinking about not being on the ground which opens up his sometimes wild striking to what can be devestating results. You can figure out what khabib will do, you just can’t stop it. At least no one has yet. 

flyingoctoplata -
Mr Karate - Because Khabib trained and Conor didn't

This does not really have any grounds in reality though.

It's a completely unprovable excuse made up by the fans.

Conor trained so hard for 229 that he kept his camp in Ireland and would not do media obligations in the months leading up to the fight.

Yeah 0 chance Conor "didn't train". What a ridiculous thing to say. When has Conor ever "not trained" for a fight? Let alone such a personal, high-stakes fight.

flyingoctoplata -

Khabib taking advantage of an overly aggressive conor and touching him with a little check hook

Khabib’s underrated russian boxing exposed the fact that Conor has a weakness to the orthadox left jab because he can’t counter it with his signature left cross. He can’t cross his left over yours.

Khabib exposed that in the fight against Conor with his underrated russian boxing which confused Conor.

You keep going around spamming this same exact post. "But if I repeat it enough times, it will become true." Nope. I already debunked you. Again…

"Its clear you have no idea what you are talking about. When a southpaw fights an orthodox he counters his left straight underneath the jab.

Ideally lead foot on the outside. Head positioned outside of the jab. The left straight splits underneath the jab. Its called a split entry counter left. It’s how Pacquiao dismantled Oscar, and took away his jab. Conor himself hit split entry counter lefts on Alvarez. It’s no suprise why you can’t recognize Conor’s greatness in the striking, while sucking Khabib off at every turn. You dont know anything about striking, and have no clue what you are talking about. 

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Khabib’s jab was not even a factor. And every time Khabib stepped in with his 1-2s, Conor interrupted him inbetween his 1 and 2 with a counter left, while taking his head off the center and making the right miss. 

Another counter left that Conor nailed Khabib with (from an all new angle)

The only truly meaningful thing Khabib did was land 1 overhand on Conor. That was it. Conor still out struck Khabib as a whole. Conor won the 3rd round based entirely off his vastly superior striking. Conor Is a way better striker, EVEN with the threat of Khabib’s takedowns involved."

ConorWinsTheRematch -
flyingoctoplata -

You keep going around spamming this garbage. "But if I repeat it enough times, it will become true." Nope. I already debunked you. Again…

"Its clear you have no idea what you are talking about. When a southpaw fights an orthodox he counters his left straight underneath the jab.

Ideally lead foot on the outside. Head positioned outside of the jab. The left straight splits underneath the jab. Its called a split entry counter left. It’s how Pacquiao dismantled Oscar, and took away his jab. Conor himself hit split entry counter lefts on Alvarez. It’s no suprise why you can’t recognize Conor’s greatness in the striking, while sucking Khabib off at every turn. You dont know anything about striking, and have no clue what you are talking about. 

Khabib’s jab was not even a factor. And every time Khabib stepped in with his 1-2s, Conor interrupted him inbetween his 1 and 2 with a counter left, while taking his head off the center and making the right miss. 

Another counter left that Conor nailed Khabib with (from an all new angle)

The only truly meaningful thing Khabib did was land 1 flukish like overhand on Conor. That was it. Seriously, gtfo with your Khabib fanboy non sense. Conor still out struck Khabib as a whole. Conor won the 3rd round based entirely off his vastly superior striking. Conor Is a way better striker, EVEN with the threat of Khabib’s takedowns involved."

I literally posted half a dozen gifs of Conor visibly getting wobbled by Khabib’s harder punches.

Look at your username, you are a joke poster.

I know it hurts but Conor got dominated in all areas of MMA.

The strikes he landed on Khabib were like nothing. Completely unphased.