Why did Saulo close his SD Academy?

Realest post on thread so far.

2 Likes

A woman I train with spent some time in SoCal training with Saulo and Xande and had nothing good to say about how they were towards women, including her.

1 Like

Well it is good to hear that…I guess he doesn’t assault all his students…just a select few. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you misread what he said or am I misreading?

“and had NOTHING GOOD to say”

It seems like either you misread what he wrote or he made a typo to read:

“and had nothing but good things to say”

Which one is it pbody?

Lol I misread it too that’s why I liked his post and the one after lol holy shit I need more sleep. Just got to work now I think I’ll take a nap

I had to reread the initital post as well because i wasnt sure how to read it

I’m still amazed that we don’t have an answer to this.

Definitely misread!!!

I guess it’s all back to normal then for Saulo.

“Brazilians gonna Brazilian”.

I think I read this somewhere a couple years back. Something about one of their parents not doing well, and then Xande moved back to Brazil to help take care of them. He was there for a shirt while and returned to the US. Not sure if they switched turns or what not. Then he stayed in the USA and then opened his school in Austin. Have not heard much from Saulo ever since they announced that the parents weren’t doing well.
I don’t know if anything changed with the parents but that’s what was announced on the internet/article a while back.

I don’t know Saulo well or personally, but I have visited his school a few times in the past decade. I am kind of shocked to hear he does not treat women well. He had a few higher belt women as well as some lower belt women also who seemed to enjoy the training there. Some of them were competitors who did well also.

Coincidentally this topic came up tonight at the gym. A couple of guys who are more up to speed on the social media gossip said the assault allegations weren’t limited to female students. Are these guys trolling?

2 Likes

Seriously? Damn, I should try training with them then. Maybe I have a chance.

2 Likes

I’ve heard that before too now that you mention it. There was some “curious” rumors a year or two ago but not that he was being forceful or pervy, just that he could have played on two teams if you pick up what I’m putting down

But that’s no one’s business as long as he’s not forcing his pickle in someone’s jelly jar that doesn’t want it. I chalked that up to being Brazilian

3 Likes

He went full Pat Berry then