Why did Sylvia take down Mir?

Has there been a post fight interview with Sylvia
yet? When I was watching the fight it looked like Mir
rolled with the punch and Sylvia fell from the
momentum. Since then I've seen stills with Sylvia
hooking the leg. Why the hell would he do that?

Even Mir knew that he had to get the fight to the
ground or he'd get KOed. In addition Mir seems to
be better from his back than on top. So why would
Sylvia play right into Mir's strength? Before the fight
Sylvia said he was going to knock him out and that
there was no way Mir was going to take him down.
He aslo said he'd love it for Mir to stand with him.

So why the sudden shift in strategy?

Thta's what I thought at first but didn't he hook the
leg? I haven't seen any replays but from the stills it
looked like he took him down.

Why in the world as Sylvia playing Mir's game. I knew that as soon as the fight went to the ground the fight was over.

I know there are people who know Sylvia here.
Someone ask him what he was thinking playing
Mir's game, especially after saying that Mir couldn't
take him down.

I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't figure out why Sylvia didn't just stand back up.

I think he thought he had him rocked and was following him down to go for the kill, unaware that Mir was still very much alive.

That was the biggest mistake of the night.

Because he wanted to lose. THAT HAS TO BE IT.

Why Tim? Why did you do that? The one place you were going to lose and you went down with him? Were you that confident of your groundwork? Real shame mate, bet it wasn't part of the gameplan...

I think that Tim did not take Mir seriously. All of us talk alot shit about the fighters. But anyone that steps into the octagon deserves respect. Tim's pride probably cost him his career. That break is nasty and never heals properberly.

"because he wanted to lose" is the only possible answer

"I think he thought he had him rocked and was
following him down to go for the kill, unaware that
Mir was still very much alive. "

That would make sense. Maybe he thought it was
a Ricco type situation where he had hurt and went
in to finish.

Ricco is a grinding style sub grappler, and he snapped the armbar on Sylvia as quickly as I've ever seen.... To not think Frank could have done that too, was pretty damn retarded.

I bet good $$$ on Slyvia. I knew it was lost when he engaged Mir on the ground.

The way Mir stumbled backwards after the exchange I think Tim just reacted and went after him. Maybe he saw Simms slam his way out of Mirs armbar and thought he would fuck with Franks mind and do the same. Didnt work.

Same reason Tito stood with Chuck.

Looked like he over-committed to a punch and at that point the best option was probably a takedown.

Unfortunately for Tim, he really diddn't have much opportunity to get up after that until Frank had his arm.

Tito stood with Chuck because he had to. He tried
a couple of weak takedown attemps but Chuck
shucked them off.

"Looked like he over-committed to a punch and at
that point the best option was probably a
takedown. " That sounds possible.

Tim is a great fighter and will be back, but i must say that was a BAD move. Mir has shown he gasses and he even seems to get discouraged after he misses a few sub attempts. I said before the fight the real danger for Sylvia would be the first 3 mintues, and when they hit the ground i watched sylvias arm, he couldnt have left it open more...Mir was fast and god knows the man seems to apply more pressure on his subs then anyone in the biz (he breaks a lot of peoples bones)...but i do feel that Sylvia made that arm bar way to easy.

Sylvia was over confident.

looked like he tripped over mir headlong to me, but if you say he hooked a leg, i'll take your word for it.

That's what it looked like in the stills. Live I thought
Mir rolled with a punch pulling Sylvia down with
him.