Why did they even offer Shogun that fight?

Shogun got 45 days with 30 days no contact from his fight with Vera. That means Shogun would not even be allowed to train until 9/4 and he would be only off suspension for 3 days prior to the fight.

It's fucked up he is getting shit from people, including Lorenzo, for not taking a fight when he got fucked up from that Vera fight. He is on medical suspension and can't even train. Unlike the other shit we are all mad about (rightfully so) this should not be one of them. It's fucked up people are giving Shogun shit for not taking a fight 3 days off of medical suspension.

Shit like this could get someone killed IMO.

ttt

I agree. If that quote from Lorenzo is accurate, he's a real shitbag.

Shogun is the fucking definition of warrior.

disbeliever - I agree with you 100%. Fans giving Shogun shit are idiots imo

Yep! Agree Phone Post

The guy who quoted it is from the LA Times.  I doubt he made it up.

https://twitter.com/latimespugmire

Lorenzo don't believe in suspensions.

Which is also why Overeem will be back before he is supposed to.

You gots to be a real fighter. Phone Post

They probably offered him the fight just to add more craziness Phone Post

TopChute - Lorenzo is an asshole. He's trying to discredit Shogun publicly. Shogun deserves a public apology for being called a coward.

This, it was just more slandering of Machida and Shogun. Which they've done in the past too.

They give the suspensions immediately after the fight with the addendum of "or doctor approval," which to me means that he can see a doctor and get approved to fight before the initial suspension time has lapsed.

I'm not a lawyer or a doctor, so I could be wrong.

^Edit: "approved to train"

Sounds like they're still upset over him turning down Glover.

UFC dont like Shogun's management so they will try to ruin him publicly, it is what they always do.  

Well said OP, you get voted up when I get on my computer later.

Was a little messed up of Lorenzo to say that Shogun isn't a real fighter; he's one of the best examples of a true fighter.

How many knee surgeries has he had and he keeps coming back to fight? Phone Post

Cotton - Shogun got 45 days with 30 days no contact from his fight with Vera. That means Shogun would not even be allowed to train until 9/4 and he would be only off suspension for 3 days prior to the fight.

It's fucked up he is getting shit from people, including Lorenzo, for not taking a fight when he got fucked up from that Vera fight. He is on medical suspension and can't even train. Unlike the other shit we are all mad about (rightfully so) this should not be one of them. It's fucked up people are giving Shogun shit for not taking a fight 3 days off of medical suspension.

Amen Brother!!! Phone Post