Why did they make Ryback a heel?

I am a fan of Ryback. But you guys tell me why they had to make Him a heel? Phone Post 3.0

I don't like Ryback but I like him better as a heel than as a face, his mic work has been much better than before and although he was super over for some reason I think he plays the heel role much better

He was made a heel because Cena needed someone to beat. Phone Post 3.0

I thought it was a mistake to have him loose at WM then immediately turn him heel and a the main eventer. But, I can see why they did it, they had no other big heels. Phone Post 3.0

Because they rushed him through a massive push and realized they had no long term plan so they just pulled something out of their asses, again.

BigWilliam - Because they rushed him through a massive push and realized they had no long term plan so they just pulled something out of their asses, again.

This, but they fucked up. He was so over and was only getting bigger. They ruined it. He could have been the warrior to cenas hogan. Now he's just another bad guy Phone Post

Yeah I don't get it, how does he go from losing to Mark Henry, CLEAN, at wrestlemania, and then immediately start challenging Super cena for the top title? Makes NO sense. But yeah they should have done a warrior vs hogan type feud! Let it go on for 3 months, with the 3rd month being a tie breaker of matches.

rcombs - Yeah I don't get it, how does he go from losing to Mark Henry, CLEAN, at wrestlemania, and then immediately start challenging Super cena for the top title? Makes NO sense. But yeah they should have done a warrior vs hogan type feud! Let it go on for 3 months, with the 3rd month being a tie breaker of matches.

this^

but i like him as a heel. he should be a star IMO but I dont like how they went about it

He rules

Could this have been Henry's push? Phone Post 3.0

Cena has to be the main face.

Ryback was a SERIOUS threat to take that position, but he wouldn't be able to be the type of spokesperson/ posterboy Cena is.

Keeping him as a midcard face would have been impossible. Crowds were reacting much better for him than Cena post WM. The only solution was to turn him heel.

And yes, he is better as a heel. As is just about everyone else. Being a bad guy is one of the easiest things to do in pro wrestling. It should be no surprise that a big mean looking monster like Ryback can get over as a bad guy.

Heels get bigger rating than faces in almost ALL formes of entertainment these days...

Wrestling...Steve Austin is a perfect example...He started as a Heel, and people loved him as a heel so much, it evolved into him becoming the greatest anti-hero ever... or The Rock...same thing!!!

Movies: Look at the Batman franchise...They spend more time developing who the bad guy is in all the Batman movies, and the bad guy is always the star of the movie...

BillyRayChubbs - 

Heels get bigger rating than faces in almost ALL formes of entertainment these days...

Wrestling...Steve Austin is a perfect example...He started as a Heel, and people loved him as a heel so much, it evolved into him becoming the greatest anti-hero ever... or The Rock...same thing!!!

Movies: Look at the Batman franchise...They spend more time developing who the bad guy is in all the Batman movies, and the bad guy is always the star of the movie...

When you say he started as a heel, do you mean like before he won the king of the ring? Because if I remember right, the moment he won KOTR he became a huge star after that with all the Austin 3:16 signs, and he was already a huge fan favorite even in his feuds with owen hart and bret hart...

Why they flushed his push by letting henry win that match I will never understand. How many failed pushes does henry need before they figure it out?

I also think it had something to do to with this is one of the match ups where WWE felt the majority of the crowd would be behind Cena. Since he has started this feud with Cena you do not have near as many Cena sucks chants as the Goldberg chants. Makes Cena look more over as a face

BigWilliam - Why they flushed his push by letting henry win that match I will never understand. How many failed pushes does henry need before they figure it out?

I agree completely. Ryback was over. I may not be a fan, but the crowd loved the guy. Having him lose to Henry didn't make any sense.