Why did this dad not put this guy in the hospital?

http://www.examiner.com/article/father-comes-home-to-find-school-hall-monitor-41-having-sex-with-teen-daughter

Father comes home to find school hall monitor, 41, having sex with teen daughter

Tajreed Rich, a 41-year-old Robinsdale Cooper High School security monitor is facing charges after an unnamed father came home and found the school employee in bed with his 17-year-old daughter. Rich had been an employee at the school since 1995, and had worked numerous jobs there. According to charges filed Tuesday, Rich had been a security monitor, a parent liaison, a “relationship counselor”, and an assistant coach of a nearby school’s cheerleading squad. The 17-year-old student admitted to her father that she had sexual relations with the school employee at least twice. It is unknown how many times the teenage brought the 41-year-old school security monitor to her family home.

Rich admitted to having a relationship with the unnamed teenager, calling her a “vulnerable student”. He admitted he knew he was doing something wrong. It is unknown if Rich had sexual relations with other “vulnerable” students at Robinsdale Cooper High School.
According to the charges, police were called to the home of the teenager when her father came home unexpectedly. The man heard noises from upstairs and hurried up the stairs to find his daughter’s door open. He found his daughter naked, with Rich standing over her. The father recognized Rich as a school employee.
School had already ended for the summer, but the high school sent an email to parents explaining the situation. “This is a horrible incident, and the district finds acts such as this reprehensible. The safety and well-being of our students is our top priority, and our hearts go out to the family during this time,” the statement read.
County Attorney Mike Freeman discussed the situation at a press conference, stating this is “a tragedy for any father [who] comes home and finds his daughter in bed with another man. He’s 41, she’s 17 … He’s a hall monitor. I mean, the charge here is a position of authority. I think parents have a right to expect when their kids are at school that people employed at that school are not going to mess with their daughters, or sons, for that matter,” Freeman said.
Rich is currently being held in Hennepin County Jail on charges of third-degree criminal sexual conduct. If convicted, Rich is facing up to 15 years in prison and a $30,000 fine.

His name is Tajreed, so it's possible he's a hulking black man with whom fisticuffs would have resulted negatively.

if i were that dad...that dude would be laid up in the hospital, not locked up in jail.

17 is old enough.

I dont really give a fuck .

Hope he enjoys his new sex offender status.

Bloody Pregnancy Fluids - 17 is old enough.

This

What is the age of consent in America 18 ?. Phone Post 3.0

I. Am.  Psychic.

BrocksEliteStandUp - What is the age of consent in America 18 ?. Phone Post 3.0

depends on the state.  

ptper - 

I. Am.  Psychic.

OP's question answered.

BillyRayChubbs - 
ptper - 

I. Am.  Psychic.

OP's question answered.

lol.. VU

BillyRayChubbs - 
ptper - 

I. Am.  Psychic.

OP's question answered.

lol. yup. vu

with someone her age,
but not a 41y.o. employee from her school.

Because said father took responsibility for raising a whore in the first place?

I AM A MOFO - Because said father took responsibility for raising a whore in the first place?

Father was just bummed out shed ditched him for a black guy imo Phone Post

Minnesota

The age of consent in Minnesota is 16. If the actor is in a position of authority, the age of consent is 18. If the younger party is under the age of 13, the older party must be no more than 36 months older. If the younger party is 13, 14 or 15, the other person must be no more than 48 months older. The specifics of these laws are covered under Sections 609.34x

SwampRocker - 

with someone her age,
but not a 41y.o. employee from her school.

Yea that does not concern me.

Whats the dif between this dude and some 18 year old kid?

shrug

drewb75 - Minnesota

The age of consent in Minnesota is 16. If the actor is in a position of authority, the age of consent is 18. If the younger party is under the age of 13, the older party must be no more than 36 months older. If the younger party is 13, 14 or 15, the other person must be no more than 48 months older. The specifics of these laws are covered under Sections 609.34x

In that case I'm not seeing the problem.  School was already out so the "hall monitor" (lol at that being a position of authority in the first place...but whatever...) was no longer in any "position of authority".  

Oddly written. It says something about it being hard for a father to find his daughter "in bed with another man", which kind of reads as though daddy usually is the one tapping that teen ass. Phone Post