Why didn't Coleman get a bye?

He's the defending HW GP Champ right? So everyone else should have had to fight each other for the oppurtunity to face Coleman.

But they make him fight the Current Champion in the first round? Daniel Laruso got a bye.

'Cause he used up that bye in the Fujita fight retroactively.

Did that make any sense?

No.

wow to the fight.

Because he "backed" into his GP win,

and then "milked" it for 18 months!

I want to see Coleman back. I think he could beat the shit out of Silvia in the UFC.

Nog didn't. Fedor shouldn't either.

Igor was SO tired from fighting a 183lb fighter who had just completed an epic 90 minute match earlier that night.

Cry me a river.

Igor was SO tired from fighting a 183lb fighter who had just completed an epic 90 minute match earlier that night

Igor fought Gary too. And Coleman fought Shoji

Anyway Coleman did have the EZ street in the 2000 Grand Prix, Just like they are giving Mino now. How do you figure?

"Anyway Coleman did have the EZ street in the 2000 Grand Prix, Just like they are giving Mino now.
How do you figure? "

First round ..Nogueira-Yokoi easy first round opponent with a guaranteed win. Had to carry him a round to make the Japanese fans happy and make him look better than he really is.

Second round..Nogueira-Ogawa easy second round opponent with a guaranteed win. Will have to carry him a round to make the Japanese fans happy and make him look better than he really is .

Third round ..rematch with Herring or Schilt for third round fight with a guaranteed win.

He will still lose to Fedor if Fedor is around so I look for Fedor to get the tougher draw by far. They don`t want him as the GP champ .