Why didn't Dana make a big announc

big announcement about all the active work the UFC office has been doing lately?

Remember he made the announcement about BJ and SHAMROCK/ORTIZ being the coaches? And Frank Mir coming back???

I'd think them getting the most exciting heavyweight right now (some guy named CROATIAN POLICE OFFICER???) into their weak division, and them eating the WEC and WFA up.

Dana LOOOOOOVES the camera, so Im curious why he didn't take the 5 minutes to show off and pump up what 2007 is gonna be like.

I was thinking the same thing.

Announcing new fighters with no highlight reel material is not a very good idea.

I work in television, and I was savvy to the fact that the UFC probably didn't acquire the stock footage rights to Cro-Cops fights. BUT, they could have done something anyway. Had the fans take a look at the guy...I mean, he's not like Fedor (rather unimpressive appearance). Cro-Cop is chiselled, big, and the fans that don't know him could have seen his tree-legs and ripped body. They could have let Rampage Jackson hit the mic and spew his crazy, outlandish remarks for a minute.

Im only saying that I was surprised Dana DIDN'T take the TV time, because I've come to expect him to make announcements like that. He's not a typical boring CEO/PREZ type guy. He's Dana!!!!

The answer is simple: THEY DONT NEED TOO. They are just that big now, and with three/four Spike shows and PPV's practically every month, they are secure that they get more than enough exposure anyway.

Dana has obviously been making a conserted effort to stay away from the cameras. The work was done by Dana and Joe.

Announcements regarding Rampage would have undermined the perceived significance of the LHW title bout. "Yeah, those guys are OK, but check out THIS fighter...he beat the champ you'll be watching later tonight"!

Why they didn't hype CroCop more is a mystery to me, though.

They'll make the announcements on free TV where they'll get a bigger audience? I don't know. It does seem strange.

I think Sifu Michael has the Rampage part correct.

In terms of Cro-Cop, One he wasn't there to show him and two its been leaked out for a long time that he was signing.

Because 80% of the crows would be like "huh? who the heck is Cro Cop?

ADMIN: [ Delete Message : Warn User : Warn Super Admin ]

Date: 12/31/06 02:45 AM
1646 Total Posts Ignore User

Announcements regarding Rampage would have undermined the perceived significance of the LHW title bout. "Yeah, those guys are OK, but check out THIS fighter...he beat the champ you'll be watching later tonight"!
Why they didn't hype CroCop more is a mystery to me, though.

you sir are correct.the "big announcements are reserved for.....UFC LEGENDS.

Word is Cro Cop did not go to the event.

I was suprised to see no big announcement either. I could see them not hyping Crocop as there was no footage and he wasnt in the audience. Crocop will let everyone know who he is soon enough. I can also see them not wanting to take anything away from the Chuck and Tito show. What I do not understand is why on earth Rampage didnt get in the ring when the fight was over and he was being discussed? If for no other reason than to get people talking about him and get a reaction. I really dont think he wants anything to do with Chuck and is just following the cash. His girl was even looking at him when he was being talked about and the look on her face was, aint you gonna go up there fighter man, they talkin about you.