Why didn't Glover pull guard?

He had nothing for jones standing. He apparently has sick BJJ. Jones biggest moment of weakness in his MMA career was when Vitor had his arm.
I was really wondering why glover didn't pull guard in the 4th or 5th when it was apparent he couldn't hurt jones standing. Especially since jones landed a few TDs. Phone Post 3.0

Because you don;t want jones on top of you no matter what belt color you have.

Letibleu -

This.

Plus, I accidentally voted you down while trying to quote you. I'm sincerely sorry because you're awesome. Phone Post 3.0

Letibleu -

A guy wearing a rainbow belt would disagree with your statement. Phone Post 3.0

Letibleu -

Unless you just met him at the club and he let you drive his Bentley Phone Post 3.0

yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Letibleu -

Lol Phone Post 3.0

Letibleu -

This. Plus I think he has a better too game then bottum. There's a difference . Phone Post 3.0

yellow wrkahlc is dead - 
Letibleu -

Pretend vote up your way since I'm out of my one for the day

Is this a real question? Go talk to Brandon Vera. Phone Post 3.0

TFK_HossPearson - Is this a real question? Go talk to Brandon Vera. Phone Post 3.0

...and Matt Hamill. 

T Bag - He had nothing for jones standing. He apparently has sick BJJ. Jones biggest moment of weakness in his MMA career was when Vitor had his arm.
I was really wondering why glover didn't pull guard in the 4th or 5th when it was apparent he couldn't hurt jones standing. Especially since jones landed a few TDs. Phone Post 3.0
Let me start by saying Jon is my favorite fighter. Now...
Gus tested him more than vitor's armbar IMO. And glover hurt Jon bad in the fifth. Hence why he avoided the fight after about 2 minutes in. But pulling guard on Jon results in Brandon Vera. Phone Post 3.0

U know maybe something to do with Jones having the most lethal elbows in MMA, that's not a bad reason to avoid pulling guard. Phone Post 3.0

Jones crushes skulls when in top. Phone Post 3.0

Why no sidestep tex?

Everything said above is true. However, if you want to be champ and you're down four rounds to none, you can either go for something you haven't tried or lose without getting finished. Phone Post 3.0

T Bag - He had nothing for jones standing. He apparently has sick BJJ. Jones biggest moment of weakness in his MMA career was when Vitor had his arm.
I disagree. Jon's best position is raining elbows from inside someone's guard. Glover forced him to adapt by stuffing his takedowns or popping back to his feet before Jon could do anything. Jon's second best position is elbowing the crap out of his opponent against the fence. Glover landed some solid shots during the fight and stunned Jon and made him back up even wobbled him slightly but Glover never really followed up except once or twice but Jon wad able to get away when Glover tried to follow up.

The grip fighting and elbow/shoulder crank sort of took Glover off guard. It was a beautiful act of improvisation by Jones. He went back to some fundamental stuff and was able to take Glover off guard. Phone Post 3.0

7/10 Phone Post 3.0

More importantly, why didn't he do this?

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=115159,filename=randy-couture_tim-sylvia.gif

http://chicagosmma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/henderson-bisping-gif.gif

Because of Hellbows?

Usually guys Glovers size will have a strong top game. And nothing much from the guard this is just personal opinion from what I have seen. Phone Post 3.0