Why Didnt JDS/Reem Square Off in the Cage?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I was pretty fucked up last night but I dont have any memory of them squaring off in the cage.

I saw they interviewed Reem and Brock and JDS was in the cage but they didnt pump that fight up.

WHy not? Did they miss an opportunity to promote that great HW title fight?

Why no interview JDS, interview Reem about the fight, have them both square off, have JDS holding the title and sell that fight for next year.

Imagine June in Brazil

JDS/Reem HW title
Silva/Sonnen MW title
Vitor/Silva after coaching TUF Brazil

UFC 100 for Brazil?

I'd imagine that could sell 60, 70k tickets easy for an event like that, maybe even more, maybe they could hit 100k for a card like that.

jds is too nice

No they didnt square off and i found that weird as well. Reem walked right by JDS in the cage and didn't even look at him! It must have been awkward for JDS.. But I don't see the UFC putting the HW title on that card in Brazil. The UFC is planning too many cards in 2012 they need main events for other fights. JDS said he will be training in 10 days and Overeem came out relatively uninjured, I see that fight happening sooner than June.

Cdn_Machine - No they didnt square off and i found that weird as well. Reem walked right by JDS in the cage and didn't even look at him! It must have been awkward for JDS.. But I don't see the UFC putting the HW title on that card in Brazil. The UFC is planning too many cards in 2012 they need main events for other fights. JDS said he will be training in 10 days and Overeem came out relatively uninjured, I see that fight happening sooner than June.

Yeah I saw people saying they think it will happen on the Memorial Day card in May, maybe even sooner.

JDS could be ready as early as march/april even and I think the only hold up on Overeem is that he said he was gonna take a holiday. They still need a main event for UFC 145 in MTL and I dont really see many other possibilities right now so I dont know if they will look to that if the fighters could be ready?

Dalip Singh - No one cares.

By the time you get to your 14th post we expect more from you.

Cdn_Machine - JDS could be ready as early as march/april even and I think the only hold up on Overeem is that he said he was gonna take a holiday. They still need a main event for UFC 145 in MTL and I dont really see many other possibilities right now so I dont know if they will look to that if the fighters could be ready?

Thats in March right? Yeah I dont think thats gonna happen, I think April is the earliest they will set that up, it all depends on JDS health.

Because Brock retired?

Brock just finished saying he was retiring. There is plenty of time to hype a fight between JDS and 'Reem.

goku -  jds is too nice

JDS didn't want to ruin Overeem's special day.

Yeah but when you have a huge PPV like Brock/Reem and who knows how many people watching, using that time after Brocks retirement to hype JDS/REem would have been smart, the UFC has done it in the past with Jones/Rashad etc.

In the post-fight presser Overeem said he'll be ready to fight again in summer 2012.

Timtek - In the post-fight presser Overeem said he'll be ready to fight again in summer 2012.

I'm sure it depends on when JDS is ready but I'm telling you a Brazil June card with Silva/sonnen and JDS/reem and Vitor/Silva after doing TUF Brazil, imagine how big that card would be in Brazil.

if 30 mill watched JDS/Cain how many would watch Silva/Sonnen in Brazil, JDS vs Reem and the rematch with Vitor/Silva?

It would be insane.

There is a limit to the size of the paying audience. It isn't infinite. Why have one huge card that has 40 million watch when you can have two or three cards that 25 million watch?

Same reason why GSP and Anderson won't be fighting any time soon. Need to maximize the profits individually until they tapper off.

Remember that you are dealing with a sport that has no proper rankings and the owners decide who gets title shots.

Dana is still pissed and wondering why Cain didn't go for the damn takedown against a fighter with no gas tank, so he's punishing JDS by keeping him off camera. Phone Post

Balance - 
goku -  jds is too nice

JDS didn't want to ruin Overeem's special day.

big fan